If I get a new domain, can you transfer my current site to the new domain so I can delete my current domain?

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I am changing my Business name. I'll need a new domain for my current site to point to. Can you instruct me how to do that? I don't want to delete all the work I've done on my current site. Should I first purchase the new domain so you can help me to be sure my current site transfers to it? I hope someone can help me so I can do this soon. Thank you.
Photo of JeepGirl71755

JeepGirl71755

• 852 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,292 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
First procure your new domain name. After, you can add the new domain name to your website.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 7,068 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You are definitely able to do just that. I would recommend registering your new domain first then once it is registered you can delete your old domain. Since you only have one website in the account, the domain will automatically connect to that site. Please let me know if you need any further help with this process.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.