IE 11 (vista) web browser not opening after publishing

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

After saving my changes to a web site, I go to "publish" and mark "view" after. Everything works fine, except my browser does not open to view my updates live online. I have to open a sepate browser window and type in the url to see it.
It always worked before. I don't know what happened??
Photo of Sven0797

Sven0797

• 718 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ti sounds like your pop-up blocker got turned back on some how. That often happens if the browser gets an update. It probably reset some of the browser defaults. The other possibility is that there is security software on the computer blocking the pop-up.

Mike
Photo of Sven0797

Sven0797

I turned both off - nothing :-(
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Tray changing your default web browser to Firefox, and test it again. This may help determine if its' a setting in the web browser, or something else on the computer.
Photo of Deana9194

Deana9194

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Got it!..... downloaded Chrome and it worked. Thank you, Mike!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You're welcome.
Photo of Sven0797

Sven0797

Thank you very much; I will look into that, hoping it will resolve the issue :-)
Photo of Sven0797

Sven0797

No, did not help.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

See my post above.
Photo of Deana9194

Deana9194

Internet Explorer is having trouble showing my website, apparently. I have Win 7 here and cannot get through to my Homestead site, even after updating. I can reach my site builder and make changes, but cannot view when published.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If the window is not opening automatically, then there's most likely a popup blocker that needs to be turned off.
Photo of Deana9194

Deana9194

Okay, now I cannot access either of my two Homestead websites. I tried listing one of them as "allowed" re pop ups, but still cannot access. So tried my other site, on Google, not from my shortcut, and it says I.E. cannot access. One of my friends has said he cannot reach my site through my link on emails. Is Homestead having a problem?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

No, we are not currently having any issues. I just double checked and both of your sites pull up just fine. I would have to see exactly how you are trying to access the site and would also have to know how you created the links for your email to determine the problem. Both links below work fine.

http://www.theeclecticgallery.com/

http://arafp.homestead.com/

Mike
Photo of Deana9194

Deana9194

Hi Mike, thanks for your answer. I clicked on your links provided but still the following happens: The index page shows briefly then disappears and the message "A problem with this website caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab"....when try again is used I get the same message and that they only try twice. Do you have any suggestions?....I really need to get to my website.
Deana
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you try to either copy & paste those url's into Firefox, or Chrome and see what happens, or change your default web browser to Firefox. I am able to open the site fine on my browsers so I am suspecting an issue with your IE web browser.
Photo of Deana9194

Deana9194

Got it....Chrome worked...thank you, Mike!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Great!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.