I'd like to add a hidden page

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I would like to add a hidden page to my website. I would send certain people a link to the page which would enable them to reserve FREE tickets to a show I'm producing. Everyone else will have to pay, so I don't want it available to just anyone who brouses my website. Is this possible?
Photo of Chana5044

Chana5044

• 458 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,664 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

This is possible in both builders, but to give better instructions, which builder are you wanting to do this in?
The older Sitebuilder or the newer site you created yesterday, Website Builder
Photo of Chana5044

Chana5044

The old sitebuilder

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,664 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ok, create the page and on that first page, it will ask if you want to add this page to the site navigation. Uncheck that box. 

You may also consider password protecting that page, which can be found under Page Settings > Advanced Settings.

You can also research and learn how to put a "noindex" tag on that page to prevent it from showing up in search engines. Homestead wouldn't be able to tell you how to do this, but there is a lot of information online regarding this.
Photo of Chana5044

Chana5044

Thank you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome. I'm glad Elyzabeth was able to help.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.