I switched to Opera from IE and now when I work on a web page, it asks me each time to download sitebuilder. How do I fix this problem?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Photo of Linda3125

Linda3125

• 564 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is an issue with launching Sitebuilder from within your account on any browser, except for IE. You should have a Sitebuilder icon on your computer, you can launch Sitebuilder directly from there or use IE when going to edit.

Drew
Photo of Reported

Reported

• 1,660 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Go back to IE lol. Or just use Chrome, it's the best browser anyway.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Linda3125,  As Drew stated, if you are using the Desktop sitebuilder, just click the icon on your desktop and it will save you a few steps.  If you do want to switch to the web based version, Sitebuilder Plus, let us know.  And as stated above, you'll probably want to use Chrome, (or Firefox).  IE10 and Safari sometimes don't work well.

Photo of Linda3125

Linda3125

• 564 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your response. It works to start from desktop icon. I am running on XP and IE can no longer be updated so I run into freezing and slow screens with that. The Opera is great for everything I use but Homestead. Chrome was horrible for my use - slow and gumming up the works on Facebook. I have not used Firefox. As a writer, I use my computer differently than most people. Combine that with an OLD system and you have multiple problems.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Many people do prefer the old desktop version of Sitebuilder, but ever since Homestead released the new web based version, SiteBuilder plus, they have made very few upgrades to the old one. If you find that it just doesn't work well anymore, you can always convert to the new Plus version. It runs right in your browser, but does tend to work best with Firefox or Chrome.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.