I need live support for my Bigcommerce Storefront website. Who can I call?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: This was a temporary help line for the migration.

If you have questions specifically pertaining to your Bigcommerce Storefront website, you may call 866-940-8652.

IMPORTANT: This number is only for Storefront customers on the Bigcommerce Platform. Any questions with regard to other Homestead products and services ie. Billing, Sitebuilder, Prostores, Simplestore, etc. please continue to use our other channels of support; Live Chat, Community or 800-710-1998
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katrina4394

Katrina4394

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi there Mike
My store is not working. I believe I received an email from you saying it was working now, but not at my end. It redirects to the Homestead Home Page. Was that message for me? or to someone else? If to me, then I appreciate your help.
Cheers, Katrina
mmhcstore.com
Photo of Shirley0483

Shirley0483

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am very dissatisfied with this transition. Please email me back and I would like a call. I have been transferred over to Big commerce supporrt and she walked me through it. She told me to wIT SEVERAL DAYS AND THEM CONTACT hOMESTEAD FOR THE NEXT STEP. I can not get a person to talk to at 866 602-4291
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

What is the issue you are trying to resolve? Do you know what next step they are referring to, so that I may direct you to the right person or get you the information you need?

Mike
Photo of Jan1310

Jan1310

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Nothing Works on website with BigCommerce.

It's been over 2 weeks now - I can't get through on the phone without waiting God knows how long and nothing is working on the BigCommerce site. They don't have my URL name - I get the following message every time I try to edit a product or anything - "The custom format you entered for product URLs is invalid. It should begin with a forward slash (/) and contain at least one placeholder, such as %product name%. Please try again". I get this message no matter what I try to do. Please fix my website.

prideofcolorado.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It looks like you have several things going on here. Your URL is set up as I see you've already updated your cname record, however I don't have enough info to understand the rest of your questions. For this particular case, you may want to call the number above so that we can help you get the store up as soon as possible.

Mike
Photo of Joyce1632

Joyce1632

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello Mile, I am getting my new site running, everything is perfect, but I do have one problem i am still having trouble with. It is my design, My front page i design and create in homestead does not fit into the new Bigcommerce platform. I am trying to delete all photos with it URL (link with photobuckets.com) But I am not able to find a way to do it, Can you please help, and guild me a little. Thank you

email:asia0528@hotmail.com

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I see the challenge you have on the homepage of the new site, but am not quite sure what you want to delete. Is it all the banners? If so, go to the marketing tab and View Banners. Click on Home Page and you can edit those images or delete them.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.
Photo of Joyce1632

Joyce1632

Your answer is perfect. Thank you drew
Photo of Joyce1632

Joyce1632

By the way, how to give you a star?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am glad to hear it. Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.
Photo of S

S

• 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I called BC today regarding an issue with Google Product Feed. The Rep and I went through a number of troubleshooting scenarios and he decided he would need to create a 'ticket' for the issue. When I asked how I would be notified, he confirmed my e-mail address and that I would receive a copy of the ticket once created.

I sat on the phone because it never sounded like it disconnected and thought I was just waiting for him to complete the request. As it turned out, I was sitting on the phone by myself and I have never received a 'ticket' regarding the issue.

Almost all day was spent on troubleshooting this, sitting on hold and working with the rep...only to have the call dropped. I decided to try the download again thinking maybe something was done without a 'ticket' being created only to find the download function slightly changed (but still not working correctly). In the snippet below my original panel had the first link (just above the text: 'Last generated: 7:34am, December 24 2013' - before my call, this text was not there. That first link is the download to XML; the second downloaded to a browser window - not sure what that is at all.

Every day seems to be a new little surprise with this system - minor (maybe) but new changes nonetheless. I really need for someone to find out what happened to this ticket (if created at all). Thank you.

Photo of S

S

OK, it is now 3:30am (est) and below is the new message I received when trying to access the Google Feed. So much for a new 'Robust' system....how many other features can we spend days looking into and find out we don't have access to them?

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Sally, Sorry for the experience you explained above. Unfortunately we don't have access into the Bigcommerce ticketing system. The phone number above is the best way to get support if you are in a hurry. You are welcome to post questions here on the Community and we'll try to answer them in a timely manner. If we need the support of a Bigcommerce agent, it may take us a little longer to get back to you.

Mike
Photo of S

S

Truthfully, Mike, I think you are missing the point of these two posts. I DID speak with BC (as mentioned in the first post) - he never sent a copy of the ticket as he said he would.

The 2nd post is when I was in Admin this morning and I don't even have access to the Google Feed - they are showing it as an Upgrade.

So...who am I a customer of?
and....
As part of an ecommerce platform, we do not have access to a Google Feed?

Just a note of concern, I am not even certain where/who I spoke with yesterday (as in where these calls are going) but there is certainly no security as all he asked for was my domain. (So do not ever chastise me again about customization having been done on the site because Homestead and BC certainly have had opportunity).

Speaking of domain....since none of us were permitted to go top level on BC (as we were told we would be able to at the start of this transition), how is it an employee was able to?

I have worked my tail off since the end of September with this transition. It is now mid February and seems every week there is some new nuance. I actually understand 'unexpected consequences' but this has been a model for poor project management. So much for working together to get the job done; it appears we are just left out to dry.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Access to your account depends on if you are dealing directly with a Homestead rep, or if you contacted a BC rep.

If there's something we can't do or access from our end, then we may contact BC to obtain information, or in the best interest of saving time and miscommunication, we may refer you to a special support number for a BC trained rep.

As far as the Google feed goes, I learned today that there was an update pushed out by BC that was suppose to have fixed the Google feed issue. Can you please log into your account and see if it now gives you access?

There are some differences in the accounts that Homestead sells, vs what you can obtain if you go directly to Bigcommerce. We have many employees here that have their own businesses and I can not disclose details on their accounts or why their personal accounts are different than yours.
Photo of S

S

I have called the 'temporary BC helpline' per your directive here. Who I am speaking with, I cannot really say.

Google Feed still looks the same as snapshot above - "not available in current plan - upgrade now"

With respect to 'individual personal accounts', obviously (after telling us upfront the top level domain could be used for the new store) the reversal of information provided us 'that the top level domain could not be transferred as initially thought', was an untruth )as this subject was addressed by many including myself without any option offered).
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Bigcommerce informed us they pushed out an update for the Google issue. This page shows how to fix/bypass page you are getting stuck on : https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of S

S

Followed the instructions and was able to obtain access to the google feed again. Unfortunately, the same issue for which I called BC yesterday still persists - spent quite a bit of time on the phone troubleshooting with the Rep who said he would submit a Ticket and e-mail me a copy which I did not receive.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good morning Sally, I am looking into the ticket situation. I read through these posts and really only see reference to the ticket and the product feed problem, which is now resolved. I don't actually see what the original problem was that prompted you to call.

Your site is more complicated than most, having a large Sitebuilder site used in conjunction with the store. It is possible to use www.domainname for the store, however, currently that is in use by the Sitebuilder site. You could still use that site, but the address would be sitename.homestead.com. You would also have all 301 redirects broken as it is not possible to redirect to a different subdomain. We don't recommend this for migrated stores for this reason and some others, but it can be done.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of S

S

Hey Drew!

Yes, I did not post what the problem was here just as my post was geared to 'getting service follow up' after calling as directed.

That being said Google Feed is only pulling 3 of 184 products enabled (I only have a few enabled to test the feed). All items submitted come under the 'custom goods' category which BC is set up for.

I have compared, investigated, read over all the docs I could find on the subject (which was what the Rep on the phone did as well - hence, why he said he needed to place a ticket.)

On the 3 items I still receive an error for not having an 'identifier' but google says that will happen - not a problem.

The column for 'identifier exists' is set to false as it should be. I have examined titles, category links etc just to see if anything should out that may be different from anything is not pulling - but there is not (that I can tell). I think that is where the Rep was baffled as well.

So ...that's the ticket! :)

(not to bog this thread down - and I do look forward to working with you on doing the domain but cannot not even think about it right now with so much work still to do - it is seriously unfortunate we were not given the option to do this right up front - I have had more success getting ranked on the 'new stuff' - correcting the old is just a waste of valuable time. Category redirects worked fine (as long as they weren't changed) but product redirects are a hideous mess - i.e. if an owner changed the 'keywords' on the 2nd page of the PS product template at any time during of the course of years, it created a 'new link' that is out there all over the place - I had a lot of links of the years (and a lot of 'keyword tweaking' lol)- my redirect errors in Bing (9000) and Google has now escalated to 12,000...wow

Regarding Sitebuilder - with all due respect, there wasn't really anything complicated about it (I do understand what you are saying) - however, from the day I said to 'migrate' we always intended to close sitebuilder - this was a very specific question I asked and was very specifically told 'yes'. (that was the joy of it because I cannot get sitebuilder software to work in any efficient way - the 'conversion' did not actually 'convert' the older sites. We fully understood the complications but were considering the long term. Sadly, I was told halfway into opening the new store that having a 'top level' domain was not possible because of the way the migration/redirects would occur. Not possible then, but now possible? Sorry, I just don't get it. This has truly been a chaotic nightmare and I have been quite patient and accepting, but reaching my limit.

Sally
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry for the misunderstandings Sally. I think the person you spoke with should have used different words. It is possible, as I said, just not recommended. Here is one of our employee sites, who decided to use www. http://www.worldofdice.com. You will see there is no redirect.

I do remember now that you were going to close the Sitebuilder site, so that would make it possible to use the top level if you desire. That use also complicates our support a bit, as you will be using BC's nameservers, so we have less access to troubleshoot.

I must say that you have an experience level that is higher than most. Your efforts at SEO are well thought and well executed. The hit you will take will recover much more quickly than most because of the effort you put into it.

I am still looking into the ticket and working with BC to see if it made it to them, I may get something today, but more likely tomorrow.

When you want to discuss switching the domain point, let us know. If you don't hear what I am telling you, have the agent check with Mike or I. Between us, we work all 7 days, so one of us should be available.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of S

S

Drew -

I am mentally exhausted over all this. Back in November you suggested the same - that I call the office which I did. 1st person I spoke with said it could not be done and I did ask if you were there and was told you were working from home. I asked to speak with a manager and Dominic took over the call. He without hesitation told me it 'could not be done'...period; and that no store (in ProStores) ever had an upper level domain...I knew that was not true.

I posted somewhere here way back then (where many others had the same concern) and Mike responded with the same. So that went 'full circle' without any end result in my favor (based on initial expectations).

Reviewing some more recent posts (within the last month), I do see discussion about having the upper level domain. I guess my error was in complying with the 'game rules' of being ready to convert by Dec 31 as it seems if I too procrastinated more details would have been 'worked out'.

I could not help but notice someone's recent post regarding 'SEO not giving the same authority to sub-domains as upper-level domains' which is something I also had posted some time ago (which had been somewhat blown off). An example had been used in this more recent post that even 'Apple' uses a sub-domain i.e. 'store.apple.com'. IMHO that was a poor example as only such companies as 'Apple' can carry their authority from the top-level to sub-domain (from everything I read and pieced together on this subject).

I am stunned it is 5 months later and there is still so much chaos and information that was/is often unreliable in the long tern. Yes, my Sitebuilder has many pages because I have had an account since the 1990's and unfortunately, that software (the conversion) is rendered barely usable in any effective way.

:(
Photo of S

S

Hey Drew -

Thanks for following through on the Ticket (Case #00129412). I received a response from BC on Sunday and the rep asked me to try the following:

'Could you please try to submit separately the category and see if it works.'

I responded asking for clarification because I just didn't understand what he was asking for but have not heard back.

Any ideas what he is asking?

Thanks!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Sally sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one. We can't see or access the BC help tickets, and there is a lot of information above. I'll do my best to help you out. Are you able to explain this particular issue., and post the message from Bigcommerce here so we can help you?
Photo of S

S

After 1 call, 3 e-mails/2 different reps, I received the following response today (1 week later) regarding the Google Feeds:

Subject: We've updated Case #00129412

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the details.

If you have custom goods only, then all you need to do in all products is to enable the Custom Item option and then it will export.

There is something that you need to know: you need to do this manually, by editing each product. We have brought this issue to our dev team as many store owners have custom goods and it is not practical to edit hundreds of products to just enable one option, as opposed to importing the product via CSV and enable that option in bulk.

In any case, from what I see, the resolution is straightforward: enable the Custom Item option in Google Shopping tab and you'll be fine.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Your Friendly Support Rep

Manuel Cheta
Remote Support Representative
Bigcommerce Technical Support
http://support.bigcommerce.com

Case Details:

Case #00129412
Subject: Google Shopping - Import and Export

Description:

[ ref:_00D301FDCG._500a0ezFJ8:ref ]

***My Response***
Hello Manuel -

I have indeed done this manually and all products that are enabled (205 currently) have the exact same parameters as the 3 that are actually exporting. I have attached a Snippet taken just now to verify the status is the same.

The resolution is not so straightforward as I have already done as you/BigCommerce instructed. It is now over two weeks - please advise. I have done an initial Google Feed manually when store first transferred - that was not an easy task to manipulate the export files through BC. This issue requires further exploration.
(end of e-mail response)

--Please understand that I shared all this with both Reps before even receiving this response. I agree with him 'it should be straightforward'.

Sally
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks Sally, I'm following up with our partners at BC, to see what else might be wrong. I know this has been going on for several days so if you've already resolved this let me know. I'll reply back as soon as I hear from them.

Mike.
Photo of S

S

Thank you Mike -

I did hear from Manuel and (best I can tell from my quick testing) we are resolved.

Thanks again for the follow up,
Sally
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

OK. Great!
Photo of S

S

Hello -

I called this number on Friday to inquire about my Robots.txt file where URLs blocked exceed URLs indexed in Google (posted elsewhere in the community) but recorded message received was that 'temporary help has expired'.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good morning Sally,

This was a temporary number during the migration. I will archive this topic to avoid further confusion. Would you mind starting a new question for your robots.txt and the message you are receiving from Google?

Have you accessed the file from Setup & Tools?

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.