I have posted twice in the last 12 hours that my website is missing. Those posts are now missing. What's going on Homestead??

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

My website is missing. I've posted twice about it and both of those posts are missing. What's up with this Homestead???? I am getting really sick of this!
Photo of lbfarley-1

lbfarley-1

• 444 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • increasingly angered!

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I have merged your previous posts into the topic called extremely important domain information. Search for that and follow those instructions. You should have received emails to that effect. This is not a Homestead issue. ICANN has suspended your domain.
Photo of lbfarley-1

lbfarley-1

Who is ICANN?

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

ICANN is the international organization that is responsible for domains.

Drew
Photo of lbfarley-1

lbfarley-1

OK. I can't find my posts there either. Here is the deal. Part of what I pay for is for Homestead to keep my domains registered. Are you telling me I now have to do this myself? When did that change? Why didn't I know about that change? Why did you drop keeping our domains registered from your responsibility. How can I find those posts? I searched on extremely important domain information and found 15 plus pages of posts, but not mine. I did find where you told someone else to go into the domain information and update, so I have done that. Now the question is, how long will it be before things get back to normal????? Also,,,,I have been with Homestead for years and have never had to do anything like this.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It will usually reactivate within 1 hour, but anytime DNS is involved, it can take up to a maximum of 48 hours.

Drew
Photo of lbfarley-1

lbfarley-1

Since they have suspended my domain, do I need to use an email address other than the one that is connected to the domain in order to get the verification email?

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes.  You must be able to log in and check the email at this time.  Unfortunately, one of ICANN's rules says this kind of thing has to be done via email.

Drew
Photo of Rhondalou

Rhondalou

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What the heck is this about, I was told by the techs at Homestead that if my website needs to be updated they will let me know. Now I'm reading that's not true... how about you send everyone an email as to what our responsibility is so we know for sure instead of waiting until something like this happens and we have to scramble to fix it? Not doing so is bad business.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Rhondalou,

Your sites are working fine.  ICANN has always required that your domain have current contact information.  It's just that in 2014 they decided to begin to enforce it.  We did send some emails several months ago.  If the email domain contact info is correct on your 2 domains, you will not have a problem.  If the info is out of date, then you will need to update it and verify it.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.