I cannot publish my home page, it just freezes every time. Please help!

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

I have Website Gold package for 3 yrs now. I have not had any problems until recently. I cannot publish my home page. I can publish all other pages without issues but the home page will just freeze. It won't even close after it freezes. I have cleared my temp files and cache many times. Any suggestions? www.matteltalkers.com
Photo of Cathy6489

Cathy6489

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Cathy6489,

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

I do have one suggestion that may work. When you are in the Sitebuilder desktop version, click on file manager on the left side of the screen. Scroll through all your files until you get to your index.xpf file. Right click on your index page and choose "publish". If it goes through you will see the index page change from an upload status to an OK status.

Please let me know if that works!

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of kristin1685

kristin1685

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I tried both and still am having problems. Been with homestead for 3 years now. Worked all day on a website and can't get it to publish.
Photo of kristin1685

kristin1685

What's even more odd, is if I make changes to my other website, that's already established, it works.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi kristin1685,

Can you please reply with which website your having trouble with. I did notice one of your sites (girlscoutdance) has both a homepage.html and an index.html. For website purposes, your homepage has to be index.html. This could be why your not seeing any edits take effect. If you rename your homepage to index, your website will start to pull up.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of kristin1685

kristin1685

Chris, I did as you suggested. Changed my homepage.html to index.htmal. IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You're a genius!!!
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi kristin1685, Glad to hear it worked!
Photo of Cathy6489

Cathy6489

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I tried publishing the file. It didn't work, It just froze. I removed some gif files in sitebuilder light and was able to publish. But then I went into sitebuilder and it still freezes. I'll try reinstalling sitebuilder and see if that works. I'll keep you informed. I do appreciate your help :0)