I cannot access my email. Did someone change my password?

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My email keeps asking for my password. I went to Homestead and changed my email password but that didn't help.
Photo of Tom4973

Tom4973

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Your email account has been blocked as it was hacked and used to send spam. We'll need you to update your password with something more secure utilizing a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Also it's a good idea to run a virus scan to make sure you don't have a keylogger installed on your computer. Once you have done this, please reply and we'll unlock the email account.

Mike
Photo of carol5008

carol5008

• 72 Points
Hi Mike,

I am having the same problem. I am unable to log in. So I've changed the password as mentioned with a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers.

Can you please unlock my email account?

Thanks
Carol
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Carol, your account has been reactivated.
Photo of Alan9116

Alan9116

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am also having email issues, this seems to happen every couple months with these guys and it is not us, its them, they have integrity issues and they need to learn how to resolve this issue once and for all, this is ridiculous, THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Alan9116

Alan9116

I actually have a window open with my emails visible but it keeps saying cannot connect to server and things have actually be deteriorating for a couple of days and I could see it coming, I also opened another window and it is also telling me that i have entered the wrong info, when will these issues be fixed this is damaging my business greatly and I need answers!
Photo of Patricia5077

Patricia5077

• 70 Points
I am not retriving my emails and my password does not work. Therefore, reseting is out of the question and there is not an option that allows me to send a "forget password" PLEASE HELP
Photo of Patricia5077

Patricia5077

• 70 Points
Where do you go to: "forget password" PLEASE HELP
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can reset it from within the email manager. Follow this link,https://community.homestead.com/homes....

How are you trying to check your email? I want to make sure you are loggin in at the correct location.

Drew
Photo of Jane8241

Jane8241

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue -- locked out of my account. This has happened twice in the last 3 weeks. Last time I changed my password. What now? Why am I being locked out of my own account?
Photo of Jane8241

Jane8241

Forget it -- after trying multiple times to log in just to post this message I thought on a whim that I would try my old password (of 2 weeks ago) and it worked. Homestead e-mail has to be the most unreliable program we've worked with!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for the frustration. We haven't made any changes to done any maintenance that would affect your password. I'm guessing it could have been a caching issue. I'm glad you were able to get logged in but if you have any more problems please let us know and we'll be happy to help you out.

Mike
Photo of Jane8241

Jane8241

Mike -- I've just been kicked out again. I cleared my cache. I believe the issue must be with Homestead as 2 staff members are experiencing the same issue and being kicked off at the same time. It's not an individual computer at fault. Any thoughts?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Are you getting kicked out (logged out automatically), or actually having a problem with the password?
Photo of Jane8241

Jane8241

Both! I was kicked out initially when I went to compose a new message then when I went to log back in it said the password was invalid. I followed instructions I found to reset my password. I logged in, worked for maybe 30 minutes then was logged out automatically again. I'm sure if I reset my password I'll be able to log in again -- but how many times will I have to do this today? Changing the password twice in 3 weeks is a bit of a pain, but twice in 1 day I don't believe I should be expected to do. What is the issue here?

Thanks for your speedy response by the way. Hope you can help me solve this frustrating issue.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Your last login session indicates IE7 is being used, which is a pretty old browser. Try to use the Firefox browser or Chrome and let me know what happens.
Photo of Jane8241

Jane8241

That is odd you have that information because my office manager and I are both using Mozilla Firefox! I just tried to log in using Chrome - same problem.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Ok.. thanks. Firefox and Chrome should work fine. I've doublechecked with our Advanced Tech Support to confirm, and there have been no problems relating to loggins or connectivity recently. There are a few explanations though. Depending on how long you have the email page open, it will eventually time out for security reasons which will cause you to log back in. The password should definitely not change so if you are having to reset the password, then you will want to run a full virus scan on your computer(s). This means that there may be a key-logger or other malicious software that is tracking and hacking your email. Spammers sometimes do this and then they use your outgoing server to send the spam.

The best thing to do is run a full virus scan and then reset the passwords to something more secure and complicated with a mix of letters, numbers, upper case and lower case letters and make it at least 8 characters long.

Another way to fix the log out issue is to check your email through an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

Mike
Photo of Lawrence2243

Lawrence2243

• 70 Points
I have logged into my account however none of my email account show up to edit
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for the problem. There are currently some issues with the email server. Here's the announcement. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/september_17_2013_some_customers_are_experiencing_e...

Photo of Alan9116

Alan9116

I am also having email issues, this seems to happen every couple months with these guys and it is not us, its them, they have integrity issues and they need to learn how to resolve this issue once and for all, this is ridiculous, THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually have a window open with my emails visible but it keeps saying cannot connect to server and things have actually be deteriorating for a couple of days and I could see it coming, I also opened another window and it is also telling me that i have entered the wrong info, when will these issues be fixed this is damaging my business greatly and I need answers!
Photo of Alan9116

Alan9116

Last time they sent me a link and I was able to backdoor till the issues were fixed is that possible this time?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You can try this link: https://mail.homesteadmail.com/zimbra/
I don't have all the details regarding the issue but if it has something to do with passwords, it may not work, but it's worth a try.

Mike
Photo of Deborah9196

Deborah9196

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have always used zimbra. I cannot even access that website. it comes up as NOT a valid website address
Photo of sara0188

sara0188

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
My email hasn't been working all day. I use Chrome. I'm getting a connectivity error, but the rest of the tools (website updates, etc.) are working fine. When is this issue going to be fixed?
Photo of Wendi2218

Wendi2218

• 70 Points
When is this email problem going to be fixed? We should be getting regular updates!! I'm sick of all the problems with this email system!!
Photo of Wendi2218

Wendi2218

• 70 Points
This is seriously comprimising our business!!!
Photo of Bruce8263

Bruce8263

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any ETA on when this will be corrected?
Photo of MaryEllen9150

MaryEllen9150

• 2,206 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Wendi I've been down all day. They were claiming one of their servers is down. Now the log in screen is coming up but it won't accept a password. But I'm sure it's because of the downtime issues.

Without email, our business is shutdown. $$$$$ lost today thanks to homestead.
Photo of Jamie7694

Jamie7694

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yeah, they better get it fixed. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'm expecting some very critical emails and can not get them. BS. Been on hold for 10min trying to reach customer service by phone.
Photo of arthur0440

arthur0440

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem, can't receive e mails and locked out of my e mail account?
Second time in three weeks, This is unreal.
I'm praying.
Photo of Deborah9196

Deborah9196

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having email problems also I log in and the IMAP server keeps disconnecting me! the message I receive is your IMAP server has disconnected you, when I try to reconnect it shows it as busy. My email is my business lifeline!!! HELP! this is costing me money!
Photo of Jennifer9008

Jennifer9008

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Apparently they really dont care if they havent answered anyones comment. I just wish they would credit back all the lost business we are losing, but knowing homestead just like last time would charge our monthly bill knowing we are losing. This is absurd!
Photo of Lawrence2243

Lawrence2243

• 70 Points
I have been trying to log in all day since 10:15am this morning, my business cannot function without our site and financially this is destroying us. Whats worse is we cannot send confirmation emails for our services, which then questions our integrity as well. PLEASE HELP ASAP

IS THERE ANY REMEDY TO THIS PROBLEM?
Photo of Bruce8263

Bruce8263

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It would be professional if someone from Homestead would give us some kind of update. Thank god I don't treat my customers this way, that is if I have any customers left.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
Sorry everyone but we still do not have an ETA on the email issue. We will post updates to the Announcement page as soon as we have more information.

I realize some of you are on hold waiting to speak with a telephone representative but unfortunately this is an issue they will not be able to fix for you. The problem is on the server end, and the email administrators are working on the issue.

Here is a link to the Announcement where we will post any updates when they become available. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Tina3636

Tina3636

• 62 Points
So I have no business right now because I have no email. I need help fixing this and the not on the weekend sucks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Your email account is active. Try resetting the password.

Drew
Photo of jodi6907

jodi6907

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just changed my password, I guess my account needs reactivated too?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Jodi6907, I just checked your account and it was locked because your email account was hacked and used to send spam. You'll want to run a virus scan before we unlock the email account to make sure you don't have a virus/keylogger installed as this is the most common ways an email account can get hacked. Just reply here, when you are done. Then, we can unlock the account, and you'll want to change your password again.

Thanks!
Mike
Photo of jodi6907

jodi6907

Hi, I just ran a scan and no key logger virus came up. I never had spam issues with Homestead until August 25th of this year. :(
Photo of jodi6907

jodi6907

Thank you - I'm "in" !
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Great. Thanks for the follow up.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.