I cannot access any of my homestead e-mails today. Is anyone else having this problem?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I cannot access e-mail through Outlook or online through homesteadmail.com today. Is anyone else having this problem?
Photo of Susan6732

Susan6732

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Dave6376

Dave6376

• 1,608 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I can get to my email, but once in there the function to scroll or click to the next page has been removed.
Photo of Don6983

Don6983

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I still can not log in can you?
Photo of Mindy

Mindy

• 872 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello Susan6732 and Don6983,

Looking at your email boxes specifically, I do see there was an issue with spam coming from your email boxes and as a result your box is currently inactive.

It does look like the email may have been hacked. What you will need to do is update your antivirus program so that it has the latest antivirus definitions, then run a full system scan. it is possible that there may have a malicious program that may be tracking logins and sending that information to the spammer.

Once you have a run a full system scan, I would contact us via chat or over the phone so we can get your email box reinstated.

After we reopen the email box, you will be required to update your password. I would highly suggest that you update your password to a stronger password that uses a combination of letters, numbers and symbols. For example: P@ssw0rd! Please don't use the password example above for security.

Also if your login for your entire account uses the same password as your email box, you MUST update the password for your account.

If you want more information on the spam incident, you can contact our compliance team directly at compliance@homesteadsupport.com

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,
Mindy G

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.