Can custom colors in the Color Picker dialog box be replaced when twenty colors have been used up? (I’m using SiteBuilder desktop.)

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I’m a longtime Homestead customer with an expensive account. I use the SiteBuilder desktop version. (By the way, if I ever get switched to SiteBuilder Plus, I will close my account.) I’m creating a new Web site. The eight custom colors from my other sites were automatically added to my Color Picker box, even though the new site was started from scratch from a new template. I didn’t want this. For the first time in all these years, I want to try many new custom colors on this new site. Can custom colors be deleted? What happens when the Color Picker box becomes filled with twenty colors? Can previous custom colors be replaced? Again, I’m using SiteBuilder desktop, not SiteBuilder Plus.
Photo of Janet8766

Janet8766

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can't actually delete them, but it will just replace the older ones with newer ones as they are created.
Photo of dr2270

dr2270

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike! Will it begin replacing the oldest custom colors or the newest custom colors? It is important to me that this be clarified. Of course, I hope it will replace the oldest colors.
Photo of dr2270

dr2270

Mike, or someone, would you please answer my last question?

I know the question might seem stupid, but it would be crazily bad if the last custom color were replaced instead of the first, and one never knows how crazy software might be. There are good reasons I'm not just going ahead and testing this myself.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I think, I need some more clarification. I see that your account is on Sitebuilder Plus. Are you referring to the color selector when adding a shape like a circle or square. Or something else? On SB+ it does not save the selections. Where you referring to the desktop SiteBuilder, or some other color element?
Photo of dr2270

dr2270

No, my account of many years is on SiteBuilder desktop. The other day, with the approval of a Homestead representative, I signed up for a trial account to test out SB+. I am sticking with SiteBuilder desktop, and if I ever can no longer use it, I will leave Homestead and use other software to create Web sites.

So I'm talking about SiteBuilder desktop. On a new site I want to try many pastel colors for the background for small text boxes on different pages. I want to try many custom colors using Color Picker.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It should replace the older with the newer, other wise there would be no way to ever get rid of the old ones.
Photo of dr2270

dr2270

Thanks, Mike. Yes, I realized that, but I thought maybe it only replaced the last, newest color. Of course, that would be crazy, but you never know how dumb software will be. Anyway, I wanted to be certain. Thanks so much for the reassurance!

So I will assume the newer colors will stay and the older colors will be replaced.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That is correct.  Once you get to 20, the 21st will replace number 1 and 22nd will replace number 2, and so on.

Drew
Photo of dr2270

dr2270

Thanks very much, Drew. I appreciate your making the replacement order absolutely clear. I'm not all that dumb, but I worried that the software might be dumber than it should be.

By the way, I hope Homestead keeps and preferably even improves SiteBuilder desktop. SiteBuilder Plus would be unacceptable for many of us.If SiteBuilder desktop went away, I would switch to other Web-site creation software.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I understand, and I don't know the long term plans, but I can say that finding any application based web builders is getting harder. Even Adobe has moved Dreamweaver to the Cloud. I will certainly bring your thoughts to the appropriate people.

Drew
Photo of dr2270

dr2270

Thanks, Drew. I didn't know that about Dreamweaver! There are still some installable Web-design applications, but we'll see how things go. It would be sad if Homestead lost what made it special, appreciated by users, and elicited great professional reviews. Why be like so many other services? The key issue, I guess, is not the platform but the power and functionality.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.