I want to download the SiteBuilder Plus but On my Websites Manager page, I don't have the option. What do I have to do to get SiteBuilder?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Photo of Kellee1375

Kellee1375

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 54,964 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
SB+ operates in the cloud. The Homestead staff can switch you over during Homestead business hours.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 257,542 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This account uses the new Websitebuilder. It is an online program. Log into Homestead and go to the Websites manager page. You can choose a design or if you have already, edit the site.
Photo of Kellee1375

Kellee1375

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks. I think I have it figured out by a few phone conversations ive had via phone. But some of the things I want to do I dont know where to find it! 
Photo of Drew N

There are some help topics here in the community, and you can create a new question if you like. If you have specific questions, I am happy to help.
Photo of michelle4450

michelle4450

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there a way to go back to Sitebuilder.  I hate the new Websitebuilder.  I can't add HTML and hide it.  Even though I go in the advanced and put hide it doesn't work, I can't use mouseover effects like the old builder.  Instead of clicking what i added and hit delete I have to go into the tool bar and delete.  It is so much harder to use than Sitebuilder.  If I can't use sitebuilder than I will have to find another company to build my website.  This websitebuilder is frustrating. 
Photo of Drew N

I can convert the site for you. Anything you did in Websitebuilder will be lost.
I am not sure what HTML you are trying to add, but there is an HTML element available.
Photo of michelle4450

michelle4450

If you can convert the site that would be great.  Is it going to be on the Sitebuilder?  I used the HTML in the element and it didn't work. 
Photo of Drew N

I see one site set to Websitebuilder and one set to Sitebuilder, but seems to have no content. How many sites should you have and do you want them both to be Sitebuilder? Also, are you wanting the online version Sitebuilder Plus, or the older downloaded program?
Photo of michelle4450

michelle4450

I want them both to Sitebuilder.  The sitebuilder Plus is what I used last time I think.  I didn't have to download anything last time I used it

Photo of Drew N

Done. You can use Sitebuilder Plus now, on both sites.
Photo of michelle4450

michelle4450

Oh my goodness thank you so much.  this is so much better.  thank you thank you thank you
Photo of Drew N

You are welcome
Photo of rl6850

rl6850

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do I get my newest website to be sitebuilder plus
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Drew will set it up for you. SB+ is in the cloud. You'll not need to download it to your cpu.
Photo of rl6850

rl6850

thanks what will I need to do?

Photo of Drew N

Which site? Any site built in Sitebuilder can use Sitebuilder Plus as well. Any new sites get the newer Websitebuilder, which you should consider using instead. If you want, I can switch a new Websitebuilder to Sitebuilder Plus. It would require you start that site over from scratch. I would just need the site name you want converted.
Photo of rl6850

rl6850

I want ineedsignsquick.com to be sitebuilder plus. I need the dropdown menus and build a custom form
Photo of rl6850

rl6850

I want ineedsignsquick.com to be sitebuilder plus. I need the dropdown menus and build a custom form
Photo of rl6850

rl6850

I have been using sitebuilder + I am using websitebuilder on ineedsignsquick.com  I cannot do some of the things I could in sb+ Please help me get sb+ for this site.

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

SB+ is old technology. It is not responsive. I'd recommend you stick with the new software and reap the benefits of mobile friendly software. This is the future.
If you insist on using SB+, the homestead staff will assist you during business hours tomorrow.
Photo of rl6850

rl6850

then how can I set up form submissions like I can in sb+

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

The Homestead staff can help you tomorrow during business hours.
Photo of Lorena7101

Lorena7101

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi!
I am one of those "old dogs" that needs to learn new tricks. I have been with Homestead for at least 9 or 10 years and am still using , I guess,the original site builder. Of course, my site is extremely outdated......

First, what is site builder PLUS? I would like to have drop down menus and would like my site to be "responsive" (whatever that is?) Will I still be able to use site builder plus the way I use site builder? What are the differences? What is the new software mentioned above?

Thanks!
Emuspirit@aol.com 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

SB+ is similar to sitebuilder desktop. SB+, of course, is the new version of sitebuilder and the software operates in the cloud. No need to load the SB+ program on your cpu. The new Website Builder is a "Responsive Design" and enable mobile friendly sites to be built with new features like Drop Down Menus. As usual, there are many advantages to using new software. The world is changing and leaving the old sitebuilder behind.
Photo of Drew N

rl6850, What are you having trouble doing? You can do some form customization in Websitebuilder, but currently all the options that Sitebuilder Plus has are not there. Drop down menus are only available in Websitebuilder. In Sitebuilder Plus, you would need to do that in HTML.
Photo of rl6850

rl6850

in sb+ I was able to have drop down menus for different items they could pick the item thy want along with information I asked for then submit and I would get that info in my email. that is what I need to do. I do not care about the search engine or mobile site all my business comes from my customers.

Photo of Drew N

I understand. The drop down form element. Unfortunately, that is not yet available in Websitebuilder forms. You can use a 3rd party form builder like jotform.com and see if they have the desired feature. I can switch the site so you can use Sitebuilder instead, but you would lose all the work you have done in Websitebuilder.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.