I updated my website, however my mobile site did not update with it. When I go to Duda Mobile to edit, it says I has I have to pay extra.

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I updated my website, however my mobile site did not update with it. When I go to Duda Mobile to edit, it says I has I have to pay. I thought it was all included?
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

• 1,368 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 42,938 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

This means you have a Pro feature on your mobile site. Unfortunately, I do not know which element this is. Most features are included in the free account, but not all.

My best suggestion would be to rebuilder your website in our newer builder, WebsiteBuilder. This newer program is more updated and modern, but it also has a mobile editor built into it so you don't have to use a 3rd party company like DudaMobile, who doesn't have great support and it difficult to work with. It would not cost anything additional for you to create this new site and your old site can stay active while you build it. If you have any questions about this, I'll be happy to answer them
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

Just rebuilt it - can you look and see if I used the new websitebuilder by looking at my account? bjwilliamscpa.com 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 42,550 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately no. You are using Sitebuilder Plus. If you were using Website Builder, you wouldn't need to deal with DudaMobile (we actually no longer partner with them because their support got so bad)
To rebuild your site in Website Builder, you will need to add a new site from Websites Manager. You will give it a temporary site name, which is a placeholder for your domain until you are done building and switch over. You will then choose a design and start building. Once you're done, you can switch your domain to the new site. The plus side to doing this is that your site will be more modern and professional. You will have a better mobile design as well as the fact that your site will be responsive. We will also be able to provide a free SSL through Homestead instead of you having to go through Cloudflare.

We have so many helpful articles on this Community about the new builder, as well as a number of helpful Youtube tutorial videos that walk you through getting started, editing the mobile site, and the elements available:

https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites/videos
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

Have redone website on web builder but can't understand how to link to domain. Did what videos said to do. Please help.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Of course, this is actually because your nameservers are pointing to Cloudflare. Since we will be able to provide a free SSL, I'm going to reset your nameservers to default.
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

Thanks that worked but my site is now stating it is not secure- how do I get that fixed?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

The SSL will be applied automatically, but it might take 24 hours for propagation. I would check back throughout the day.
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

ok thanks
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

Do i need to edit my name servers?  When I google myself I no longer come up as I did w/my old website
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

No, nothing needs to be done at this point. It is coming up, secure, on my end, but might take some on your end.
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

Should I delete the old website? Will I be charged more if I leave it?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

You are not being charged anything additional to keep it, but if you no longer need the content, I would say you can delete it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.