I tried to forward my email to my gmail account. It did not work. I took off the forward and now my email will not work at all.

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

• 512 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What do you mean does not work at all? Error message? incoming or outgoing?
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

Everyone who emailed me said it was rejected and I am not getting emails.  I was using outlook.  I deleted it out of my outlook to see if I could re-do it and it fails every time.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. I will take a look. Which email address is it?
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

angiea@carcornerofmanton.com
I am working 97% away from my office so I need to get my email to another device or forward.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That domain does not use Homestead nameservers and does not currently point mail service to Homestead. Did you recently change the nameservers? If so, you would need to add DNS records for our email to the new host to make this address work.
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

what?  I have been with Homestead for over 10 years.  This email literally worked up until the day I added a forward on homestead.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The MX record that controls where email is hosted shows it is not Homestead servers that your email is being directed to for the domain carcornerofmanton.com.Have you made any recent changes to the domain?
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

no.  the only change I made is to forward the email on May 15th. 
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

I can log in and see the email in the list of all the other emails. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes, the email can exist on our system, but as far as the internet is concerned when a mail is sent to this domain, it is going to the server above. I am still looking to see if I can figure out where it is going.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The nameservers being used are
Nameservers set.  (dns1.name-services.com, dns2.name-services.com)

These are not Homestead's. Does the domain bring up the website? It is not pointing at a Homestead website.
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

The domain points at a car dealership website.  it has for the last 4 years.  The email has still always worked.  How is the domain pointing to my inventory site through Carsforsale.com affecting my email?  
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

ultimately, I need to know what to do to fix this.  It started the day I tried to forward the email within homestead.com  And now I haven't gotten an email since May 15th. 
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

I think I may know what you are referring to now... I was signed up with Repair Websites to automatically handle my website.  I actually cancelled with them... I bet that is the issue.  I still do not know how to fix it though. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It sounds like you may not have access to the current nameservers. I can reset the nameservers to ours and get the email working, but this will disrupt the website, unless you want to use a Homestead site. If you contact the current website host and give us the A/CNAMEs they require to point, then I can reset the nameservers email and then update the website records for you too.
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

go a head and re-set the nameservers to get it working again and then I will handle the rest.  Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It should be good now, but the propagation could take a little while.
Photo of Angie6655

Angie6655

Yes, I am getting emails.  thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Happy to hear it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.