I Registered A New Domain -- It's Not Online And It's Been More Than 24 Hours

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I registered a new domain.  I honestly can't remember if it was yesterday or if it was the day before.  In either case, it's been 24 hours.  In my dashboard it shows that it's being registered and my account has been charged, but the site is not yet online and I haven't received any emails regarding the registration.  Just checking on the status.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,974 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
HI Joshua, Its does take a while to register a new domain and your website will not be online under that domain name until its is... You should still be able to bring your website up using the long homestead address you will see when you view after publishing. In the meantime what is the domain name.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

I've registered more than a half dozen sites through Homestead.  They are usually ready to go long before 24 hours hits and they begin by redirecting to another of my existing sites. shiawasseeradio.com  -  shiawasseeradio.homestead.com still just redirects to homestead.com.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry Joshua. It is registering now
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Any status update on this?  I see a strange 404 error that's been there since last night but the page has not registered yet that I can see.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

What site should it be associated to? The domain is registered and ready to use. I placed it on a new site that is blank which is why it shows the 404 error. There is no page for it to bring up.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Okay when I logged in yesterday my domains page still said "please check back". I think I can take it from here.  Thanks.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Drew- Maybe I do need some help.  I changed the site association but nothing has happened.  Normally it switches within minutes... it's been an hour or so.  Wondering if it's because of the site you pointed it to..?  Sidebar question -- the site you pointed it to was "ShiawasseeRadio" -- I tried to create the same page but got an error because you had created it.  Is there anyway to move that into my list of sites or make it available for me to be able to use?  Thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, what site do you want it pointed to? and which builder are you planning on using? Right now it is on shiaradio and using the new Websitebuilder
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Yes, I want it pointed to shiaradio and I use the desktop builder.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Drew- the site is still pointing to the page you created and I am not able to change it.  I've tried associating the domain with different sites but nothing changes.  Help.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Joshua, Drew won't be back until Monday I'm afraid. I guess just hang in there until then when he or Todd will be back. :(
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Should be ok now. All new sites are set to use the new builder. I had to convert your site to make it work for you.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

hi drew, it seemed to be working okay just after i got this message from you but it seems to be pointing back to that 404 page again.  ??  
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Checking in on this.  Still having a problem.  Thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry. It should work now, but the site you referenced above does not seem to exist. I have converted the existing site to Sitebuilder and fixed the DNS.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

When I realized shiawasseeradio was available in my list, I switched to that.  So that should be the site associated with the domain now.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

It was working after I switched to shiawasseeradio though.  initially, that is.  but a few hours later it had reverted back to the 404 page.  Thanks again and I'll keep an eye on it.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

shiawasseeradio was a new site. It was set for the new builder. When you switched the domain it automatically switched the DNS. I have reverted the DNS and converted the site to Sitebuilder.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.