i need to bring down this site from web for a short time for maintenance how do i do that?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Photo of Scott2528

Scott2528

• 70 Points

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,212 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Scott the way I do it and there may be other methods of course, but I do a Save As and save the page I want to redo as a 2. ex: index2   I make the changes and then do another Save As and save the page back to the original name - ex: index. This will bring up a window saying there is already a page named such and such and do you want to overwrite it. Select yes and your edited page is then the new page. You can then go into the file manager and delete all the pages you saved as 2's. In the event you want to keep the original pages until you're sure you are done with them do an additional Save As prior to making changes and save it as 'page name original' or whatever you choose to name it. You can create a folder in the file manager and save those backup copies in it.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The only other option is to unpublish the page. You can find the instructions below to unpublish the website. 

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_unpublish_a_page_i_created

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.