I need an updated email security certificate, how do I get that?

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

everytime I log onto outlook, it says the server is using an outdated security certificate, email hosting is with homestead, so why isn't this automatically updated or what do I need to do to correct this?
Photo of Pike6515

Pike6515

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What version of Outlook do you use? On the incoming and outgoing servers are you using your own domain name? or do you use homestead.com? ex. outgoing server could be set to smtp.yourdomain.com or smtp.homestead.com. You should be using smtp.homestead.com.
Photo of Pike6515

Pike6515

we have our own domain name, and it is all set to smtp.homestead.com   I just had the outlook guy do remote service and he says there is some security setting with one of our email addresses that appears to be triggering this warning, the other two email addresses are fine, but I can't find the difference.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you confirm you are using the settings in this topic on all Homestead email accounts? Do you know which account is the problem? If so please provide the email address. You might want to try deleting that one and recreating it. Can you get me a screenshot of the exact message you are receiving?
Photo of Pike6515

Pike6515

I couldn't screenshot, but this is what I am looking at.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That message would come up if one of your Homestead mail accounts was set to use your domain name in the server settings as opposed to using homestead.com. Have you checked all accounts settings, for both incoming and outgoing servers?
Photo of Pike6515

Pike6515

woohoo, I finally figured it out!  that fixed it, and I had to say "yes" to continue using that server!!  Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.