I just took over the company website. I want to delete the Duda mobile site. How can I do that?

• Question
  • Updated 11 hours ago
  • Acknowledged
Delete Duda mobile Site?
Photo of katebta

katebta

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 days ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 17,168 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello katebta
I can deactivate that DudaMobile site on my end, but you would need to log in to the Duda Mobile account and close it on your end.

It is important to have a mobile site, and the builder you are on doesn't offer one. I would recommend looking into rebuilding the site on our newer builder, Website Builder, that does have that ability.

If you would like, we do have a professional design team that can take care of this for you. If you want more information on that, just tell me the best number and best time to get in touch with you and I will have someone reach out to discuss that option with you.
Photo of katebta

katebta

I can't log in to the old Duda account as the person who created it (in 2014) has not worked here for years and doesn't have the information. I created a new Duda account and tried to link it to the original Homestead account but only seemed to create an entirely new website. I understand the need to have a mobile website but right now I have a mobile website with incorrect information that I can't edit...so it's better to have none for now. Unless you can help me edit the original site?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 17,168 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I see. I will deactivate it on my end. It is recommended to delete the account from Duda Mobile so it doesn't cause any conflict with the current site you have up, but I understand you cannot get logged into the account to do so. I cannot help you get logged in or edit that duda mobile site.
I really don't even recommend using Duda Mobile anymore. They don't create actual "mobile friendly sites" anymore, just sites that show in a mobile layout, which is not good for SEO.
My best suggestion is to look into building the site in our newer builder, which will automatically create a mobile friendly, responsive site. If you want to do this, log in to your Homestead account, click on Websites Manager and click where it says "Create your Free Mobile Website: Get Started"
Photo of katebta

katebta

Thank you! I will start a new one via your site. 
Photo of Dana2053

Dana2053

• 62 Points
I also need to redirect to my homestead website. Duda site is not posting my information. Want to delete it