I just overwrote a page that I didn't intend to, I mean to save it as a new page. Is there any way to get back the previous version. ?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Photo of Linda6823

Linda6823

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,248 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Try the Undo icon.
Photo of Linda6823

Linda6823

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I did a lot before I realized the error, too much to use the undo button.  :(  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Exactly when did it happen? I can restore from the backup, which was probably pretty close to the time this was done, so I am not sure. The restore may also remove the changes you made and want to keep, so I am not sure that you won't have to rebuild one of the pages in either case.
Photo of Liz2233

Liz2233

• 476 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It happened on Sunday afternoon (yesterday).  If you can restore just one page as it was at noon on Sunday, but not the rest of the site...you'd be my hero!  Can we do this off of the community group?  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Typically we restore the entire site, but I can look. Have you used save as on the new page? If I restore the old page, it will kill the page you just made. What are the page names involved?
Photo of Liz2233

Liz2233

• 476 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I made changes to the whole site after this mistake.  I know about Save As, I've uesd that for most of my site, but I forgot to do that (I have a cold) and just hit Save (then swore!).  Can we do this via email instead of the community group, please?  justice4brian@yahoo.com  
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We don't have an email support system and we seem to have 2 different accounts here now.

You are welcome to create a private conversation here in the community. Only you and Homestead employees will be able to see it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.