I haven't received any new email via my homestead account since Dec. 21.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I haven't received any new email via my homestead account or through Outlook since Dec. 21. I do have my business email connected to my personal email address. Some business emails have come through to that account, but not all. Definitely none to my homestead account or my Outlook tab for my business email address.
Photo of Meredith5542

Meredith5542

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • like I'm losing business.

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 2,876 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I have a similar problem using the Homestead email system. By default I'm directed to emailmg.homestead using what's named Open-Xchange Server. 

I'm a home repair contractor and send most of my proposals via email.

Several years ago through customer conversations I found out that hotmail, live, msn and aol addresses were not receiving my emails, even several days after sending. They just never arrived. Copies however were in my "Sent" folder. As long as it was only those 4 email providers I was OK with it as few customers seemed to used those providers. I simply explained that my email server wasn't configured properly and didn't work with Microsoft or AOL email servers and should be fixed shortly. As of today I'm able to receive emails from those providers but I still can't send.

But that's not my problem. My problem is that I now seem to be losing the ability to send emails to Yahoo addresses. I know this because of a conversation with a customer and a test I did myself using my own yahoo email address sent from the Homestaed email system. It seems that some emails to yahoo addresses arrive but some don't. The one I sent myself took close to 48 hours to arrive.

Any help is appreciated.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Meredith5542,

You appear to have 2 email addresses. The one that is your name is full. You will need to log in to webmail and clear out some messages. Make sure to empty the trash afterwards to reclaim the space. We can upgrade the space as well if you like. You would need to change the box to a suite which doubles the available space. The upgrade is $3/month.
Photo of Meredith5542

Meredith5542

Thank you, Drew. I will empty that one out. Didn't know it was full. Should I have received a message?
Photo of Meredith5542

Meredith5542

Drew,

My new issue. I cleaned out my emails, but now when I try to resend the three emails in my outgoing folder I receive a message saying Outlook cannot connect to the outgoing email server. I haven't changed any settings. Any thoughts?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you send from Webmail? If so, then try Outlook again. If it still doesn't work, check your configuration. What Outlook version do you use and is it IMAP or POP3?
Photo of Meredith5542

Meredith5542

Just sent the emails from my webmail and they appear to have gone through. I'm using Office 16. IMAP.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Office 13? Can you check the settings please? It might be the outgoing port or the outgoing server tab.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_set_up_imap_email_in_outlook_2013_when_usi...
Photo of Meredith5542

Meredith5542

It's Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016. It's funny because I bought the laptop probably a week prior to when I stopped receiving emails. So, I was at least receiving them up until that point.
Photo of Meredith5542

Meredith5542

Oh, but I am getting emails now that I emptied out my inbox. Just can't send from Outlook.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hmm. I have not seen this version before. Let me see if I can find out some information.
Photo of Meredith5542

Meredith5542

Wait, that link helped! Sending and receiving emails now. Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Great! Did you have to change a setting?
Photo of Meredith5542

Meredith5542

I did. One of the advanced settings.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Excellent. Make sure to check those settings if you have another issue. It isn't as common with Microsoft as it is with Apple, but on occasion they will switch some settings during an update.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

steve4468,

Can you post the source code of a message you sent that was not delivered? If it was delayed, can you post the source from the received email @yahoo.com? We can take a look at that and see if we can identify the issue.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

I don't understand "source code" and where to find it. But I can follow directions.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Do you use the webmail client? If so, open an email from the sent folder that didn't arrive. There is a show source button at the top.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Can I block out the email addresses and other ID information from the body of the email before sending it to you or can you use a specific section. From my viewpoint there's alot of text.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Unfortunately, if you block it out we may not see all the necessary information. If you don't want it posted publicly, feel free to create a new topic, and tick the box that says "make private" Then only you and I can see the content.

How do I create a private conversation?
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Done.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.