I have a new domain how do I migrate the web pages to my new domain

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I have registered new domain and want to transfer my old pages to the new site. I followed previous advice from Elizabeth re setting up new site association to old site but it only appears to point to old site rather than transfer the data
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

• 1,922 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,948 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you are just purchasing a new domain name and want it to pull up the existing site, you would not need to have any data transferred. You are just pointing that domain to the current site.
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

so do I delete the BedfordU3A domain now. Drop down editing doesn't show the name of new domain for editing. I need to set up new links in the new domain which is gobackagain.net
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Currently, bedfordu3a.org is on the same site as your new domain. Since that domain is older, that will be the one showing up in the drop down.

What do you mean you need to set up new links in the new domain?
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

I am so bad at explaining. I no longer need bedfordu3a.org. I have chosen a new domain gobackagain.net and published. If I now delete bedfordu3a.org domain, will my new site then show on drop down menu and will I still have all the old pages on the new site? It is these I want to edit but I am afraid if I delete bedfordu3a.org, I will lose all its pages too,Sorry if I am testing your patience.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

The site is completely separate from the domains pointing to it. Deleting that domain will not affect your pages. If you delete bedfordu3a.org, then gobackagain.net will show up in the drop down list.
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

Thank you. That is all I wanted to know. I no longer want bedfordu3a.org but I do want the pages I have saved.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.