I have a n account that I can not email to or even reply too. I can recieve their emails but mine come back saying failure to send

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Photo of Paul 7781

Paul 7781

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Paul, what style of email account are you using. When using something like Outlook or Thunderbird you need POP settings and SMTP settings POP for incoming, SMTP for outgoing. Or are you using webmail llike OX.?

There was a similar question a few days ago but Drew ( Homestead Tech Manager) checked there was a problem with the users account. But he gave the following advice.
Your outgoing mail was disabled. It may have been compromised. You must run current security scans and change your email passwords to something never before used. After that you can post here and I can enable the outgoing server for you. It may be that you reused the old password and that is why it happened again. If you are in fact sending bulk emails then you will need to use an email marketing program such as Constant Contact.
I cannot be sure if this would also be your problem so before you make changes lets try the basics first until Drew can look at your account.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
First look, it does not appear to be an SMTP block. We'll have to look deeper.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I can take a look at it. Is it one email only or all of them. If it is only one that doesn't work, make sure you are using Chrome or Firefox to check mail
Photo of Paul 7781

Paul 7781

I'm using Chrome and it is with all my contacts that have a certain domain but not with anyone else. 
Photo of Paul 7781

Paul 7781

This is my office manager that is having a problem but no issues with other senders on our account
Photo of Paul 7781

Paul 7781

I'm using OX but it is only for a certain domain I can't email or reply but no problem with my other contacts. This is on My Office Manager's computer that is having problems. Started about a week ago.
Photo of Paul 7781

Paul 7781

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

mdossena@essex.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<mdossena@essex.com>:
    host smf.inline.email.fireeyecloud.com [209.135.212.132]:
    550 5.1.1 ETP405 Sender Rejected - <srs0=pwvht6=un=allstateserviceman.com...> - "ceNTbvf428YOsceNTbLDgj"
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is the recipient server rejecting the mail. There is no obvious answer as to why in this, so the recipient may need to contact their mail server for an explanation and options. We will not have any access to their system so if they have a valid reason to reject it, we will need them to tell us why.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

• 2,390 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hey there, I think my emails are plugged...someone was responding to our auto responder....I shut it off for a while so that it would stop doing an auto reply to our auto reply...now I have people calling asking why I have not responded and some that are not getting my emails..can you please have a look 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.