i have a business and use many email accounts, my one roundcube email has issues

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I have a business with many emails, most use open exchange with no issues, my one roundcube email will not send or receive certain emails, its like they are being blocked somewhere
Photo of MICHAEL5445

MICHAEL5445

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,538 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What is the email address? Open Xchange vs Roundcube should not make a difference.
Photo of MICHAEL5445

MICHAEL5445

Thank you for the reply, Orlando@ApartmentsHere.com  it is one of my agents, he was trying to forward me an email, we tried 5 times, it said it was sent but it  never made it to me @ Michael@ApartmentsHere.com, it is not in my spam (xchange) this agent has had trouble sending before but only certain emails
Photo of Drew N

I am working on this. Apparently Orlando is sending mail with a URL that is flagged as spam and causing a block. I am analyzing it to determine what URL(s) it is and if I can get them cleared for you.
Photo of MICHAEL5445

MICHAEL5445

thank you
Photo of Drew N

Can you please have orlando email the same type of message that failed to arrive at the recipient, to support@homesteadsocial.com? I need to get te code of the email source. I can get that from the account myself, but need the email that doesn't send. Post here when he has sent it, so I know to look.
Photo of MICHAEL5445

MICHAEL5445

its been sent

Photo of Drew N

How does he send email? I can not see the sent message in Webmail. Is he using Outlook? I have configured Webmail to save sent mail. Is he able to send the message from Webmail?
Photo of MICHAEL5445

MICHAEL5445

Drew< I just resent it from the webmail login. Normally he was using windows 10 mail, I also tried essential 2012, he can get and send almost all mail but we have had a few that he could not. thank you
Photo of Drew N

I got the source and I believe I have the problem cleared now.
Photo of MICHAEL5445

MICHAEL5445

thanks so much, it works!
Photo of Drew N

You're welcome
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

• 482 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same issue with my Roundcube email accounts. Several emails aren't reaching desitinations - both ways. Please advise.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Oh.... The one email address is michael@cybermarketingcapital.com - and there are others, too. But this one is most important at the moment.
Photo of Drew N

That should be cleared now. michael@cybermarketingcapital.com was flagged as spam. This is usually because many people you sent mail to flagged that message as spam and then their ISP reported it to spam filtering services. Make sure everyone that you mail has specifically requested you send them mail.

Let me know if you see additional problems and I can dig more deeply, but that seems to have been the only issue at this point.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Oh wow, okay! Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

You're welcome
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Can you check to see if I'm blocked again. A few emails haven't come in. I am strictly emailing people that have opted in on my facebook ad lead forms - and I have the csv files for every one of them to prove it. I am not spamming. Why do I keep getting blocked?
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Yes, something is definitely wrong again. At first I was emailing an old email list I had from the past so I can see why that got classified as spam. But I stopped emailing the old list immediately and removed all old email list group folders. Since then, I've acquired 700 brand new leads this week from my facebook campaigns. I haven't even gotten them all uploaded yet - because I have to do them one by one because every time I try to import them through Roundcube, it says error, not correct file even though they are csv files straight from facebook downloads. I found out they all have to be divided by commas and all the other irrelevant rows of data deleted. But entering those commas actually takes far longer than just adding them one by one. Plus that way I can control what folder each one goes into. I can't find the approved number to put into a group without it being too much but 45 seems to work so that's what I have been doing and they send - without an error window appearing saying there are too many. Anyway, all of the emails I sent today were brand new leads from this week. I was getting a few replies but towards the end of the night when I sent a new batch out to the newest folder, I can't see that it's working. Is there a limit on how many recipients can be in one folder? I need to get this resolved quickly because these folks are anticipating my information. I appreciate all your help.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

I'm wondering if someone can check to see if my Roundcube is blocked again?
Photo of Drew N

You are not blocked. Do you have a specific addresses you are having trouble with? Is it both incoming and outgoing?
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

michael@cybermarketingcapital.com - It's inconsistent - both ways. Some come in and some sent ones reach destination. But others do not come in nor reach destinations.
Photo of Drew N

Since that was flagged before, it is possible others have it flagged as well. There are many spam filters out there, and maybe I should have been more specific in saying that our spam service is not blocking. If you have certain addresses that are a problem, then if you provide the sending and receiving address, I can see what our logs say and let you know anything I can see, and suggest a course of action if it is not something on our end. If the recipient server is blocking it, then the recipient might need to contact their mail service.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

One of them is my own personal email - the funny thing is though - sometimes it works, other times it doesn't - incoming and outgoing. I even use this email to have incoming cybermarketingcapital email forwarded to. It's studiopaula@verizon.net.  Thanks for all your help. Hopefully this is resolved before weekend. :)
Photo of Drew N

I'm working on it. I'll do everything I can.
Photo of Drew N

Ok, I did find a flag. The IP address  173.75.36.100 is flagged and the spam service will not reset it at this time as they are positive it is throwing spam. This IP address belongs to Verizon, so they will need to address it. I am sorry.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

So how do I get in touch with them? Do you mean my personal verizon address is the one rejecting my roundpoint emails? Does this mean other people that are not verizon emails are not getting my emails?
Photo of Drew N

It looks like you have FIOS. You would call their support and let them know that that IP is flagged as spam. It is not your address, but one of the servers Verizon uses.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Okay, thank you. I'll do that. Meanwhile, for all my leads - which I haven't seen any verizon email addresses - most are gmail.com or hotmail.com and yahoo.com - how do I know if they are all getting my emails?  Also, if I send 45 at once, does that cause problems?
Photo of Drew N

It could. Our servers prefer 20-25 addresses max. If you need to send more regularly, then you should look at Constant Contact for that level of marketing.

I am not showing anything blocked as spam since I cleared it a couple days ago, except for ones to Verizon, so others should be working from our end, as they all show delivered to the recipient server, except for the Verizon.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Oh good. I appreciate your help and the bit of education you gave me.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Is Constant Contact a product of Homestead?
Photo of Drew N

Homestead partners with Constant Contact, but we did not develop it. That is why you see the link in your account. There are other options as well. You can search "email marketing" and will see many results.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Super! Thanks again!!! I just took a look at Constant Contact... I'm liking it.
Photo of Drew N

Happy to hear it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.