I get an error message of "Invalid fine name!" when I try to upload a new image

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I want to add new images from my computer to ellengriggpaintings.com on the Archive page but I get an error message: Invalid file name!  "File name can contain only alphanumberics,-,_."
I have tried relabeling the images but nothing works.
Photo of ellengrigg6442

ellengrigg6442

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,928 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

If you are receiving that error you will want to rename the image from your computer directly where its stored and save it, overriding the old name. Then re-upload the image under the new image name. Make sure there are no special characters or spaces in the file name. 
Photo of ellengrigg6442

ellengrigg6442

Thank you so much.  I was able to download, but I can only get it to appear as a thumbnail.  I need the ability to edit the size of the image.  I did that with previous images on my pages, but it was so long ago I don't remember how I did it and you seem to have redesigned the SiteBuilder website since then.  I'm caught in the old system!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No worries, I understand there is a learning curve. If it is appearing as a small thumbnail you may have uploaded it into a photo gallery instead of one image. You can tell which you are using if you select the image and look to the right. It will either display photo gallery or just the single image name. Make sure you upload it as just an image.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Photo galleries do not let you resize or scale the image, an image upload will allow you to resize. 
Photo of ellengrigg6442

ellengrigg6442

Bingo!  That's exactly what I did wrong. You are brilliant.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.