I don't understand Website Builder and Sitebuilder Plus. Why are there two?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I currently edit my client's Homestead websites and use Sitebuilder Plus. And from what I understood, that was how you edit websites on Homestead. I went and created a new account for myself just recently and now seeing this thing called Website Builder. Whole new layout and everything that I now feel a bit lost in because I'm completely unfamiliar with it. I'm assuming it's newer than Sitebuilder Plus. Just to see, I went and logged into my client's account and saw that their websites still get edited using the Sitebuilder Plus program. 

Why is this?  

Personally,I'd rather edit my new website using Sitebuilder Plus instead of Website Builder. I know that system well.  Do I have that option to use Sitebuilder Plus?
Photo of Nick5507

Nick5507

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,662 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

All new websites for the past 2 years have been created with Website Builder. There is not a way to use Sitebuilder Plus on new sites. I understand there is a learning curve if you are familiar with SB+ but ultimately, it is an improvement for your site. The newer builder is responsive, mobile friendly, and has many more modern features than SB+ does. There are a number of tutorial articles here on Community that will help you learn this builder.
Photo of Nick5507

Nick5507

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Okay thank you. I'll check out some tutorials. I've been messing with it more and yes WB is a vast improvement from SB+.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.