I Can't Log Into Sitebuilder

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Why can't I access Sitebuilder desktop?

I am unable to log into Sitebuilder!

It says my Username/Password is incorrect!!!!

I have been able to Log In to my account, hence I am able to send you this.

I need to make urgent updates to two of my sites!!!!!

Photo of David8429

David8429

• 524 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi David8429,

If you can log in to your Homestead account, try retyping your email address and password into Sitebuilder. You can also use the online Sitebuilder from within your Homestead account to make changes.

Drew
Photo of David8429

David8429

• 524 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

I have tried as you said and it doesn't work.

I try to download Sitebuilder from within my account and it doesn't work.

I need to be able to work off-line as I have been doing since 2002 with Homestead.

I was able to make the changes with the online editior but this is no good long term.

Something is wrong that needs to be fixed from your end!

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

David8429,

We are investigating the issue. It should not be a long term thing and you are not the only one affected. Our engineers are on it.

Drew
Photo of ReadyRandy

ReadyRandy

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The Homestead System Status Blog says:

"Account Administration: Planned Maintenance

11/20/2014 9:46:58 AM

We are currently in the process of upgrading our data center. The process will take 2-3 weeks and may potentially cause slowness when logging into your site and working within SiteBuilder. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I had a thought. Log in to your Homestead account. Go to websites manager and click on the blue arrow and select Edit with Sitebuilder. This should bypass the need for a password. I am not where I can test this, but it might let you into desktop. You will need to log in to homestead.com using Internet Explorer 8,9, or 10.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Jan0049

Jan0049

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have had exactly the same problem.  However, when I re-type my password into Sitebuilder, it works, but I am then unable to publish any changes because Sitebuilder won't connect to the Internet. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Jan0049,

Which site are you trying to edit? I was able to launch your largest site in Sitebuilder Plus. If you need to edit now, please try Plus.

Drew
Photo of Jan0049

Jan0049

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Drew,

I was trying to publish one of the financial websites, but have managed to do this in Sitebuilder Plus. Is there any reason why I am unable to publish from my Sitebuilder software, or is it simply due to the upgrades you are currently making? Thank you. :-)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Jan0049,

It is, unfortunately an unforeseen case with the migration. The problem is with the old center. The new center is going to ultimately be faster and more secure. I am glad you were able to get things done with Plus, and we're working hard to get your desktop back online.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.