I am a singer, can I make a button on my website where people can request a song and it goes to my text message on my apple watch

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I am a singer and my audience likes to request songs. I want to put a button on my page so they can text me their song request. I know I can do this on my website and they can email me their request, but the email does not get to me as fast as a text message
Photo of stephen2788

stephen2788

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • hopeful

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I expect there is a way, but it isn't built in. You would need to find some HTML code to embed a text message tool.
Photo of mpalmi27

mpalmi27

• 416 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello Stephen2788,

You can "E-mail" to text. Basically setup the E-mail address as your (Cellphone number)@(Your Carrier) 

This website shows the SMS and MMS Gateway domains for Cell Carriers (would only need the mms). 
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-send-e-mail-to-sms-text/

For instance if you use AT&T it would be 

1234567890@mms.att.net

FYI, It will sent Subject and Body of e-mail via Text. To make it easier you could edit the "Write a Message" / "Contact us" sections to a Text with minimal entry boxes. Maybe leave it to a Song request box and Submit?

Hope this helps!

Martin 
(Edited)
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Excellent reply Martin, my UK Company have used this process a lot to contact people via their mobile phones for a quickc response rather than having to wait until they check their emails..
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Martin
Photo of mpalmi27

mpalmi27

• 416 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Brian,

You are welcome Drew. 
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
mpalmi27, what I did forget to add to my comment above was, although I have used this method at work, it never occurred to me as a solution for Stephens question so once again well done you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.