How will I know if I have been converted to the new email platform?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

You will receive an email before the conversion takes place and once complete you will receive another email notifying you it has been completed.

To confirm, you can simply log into your account and see the visual difference between the old and new web clients.

1. Go to email.yourdomainname.com (use your actual domain name) and log in to your email account.

2. The new web client will look like the screen below

3. If your screen looks like the image above, you have been converted to the new OX platform.

4. If your screen looks like the image below, your account has not been converted. If you need to configure an email client you can proceed with the appropriate instructions below.

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do we know if we are on the new platform?.

How do we know if we are on the new platform and where is the csv file too export?

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Why are my mailing lists no longer available? topic.
Photo of Sarah0915

Sarah0915

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Did you ever find the csv file? I couldn't find the export option in the configuration...
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sarah0915, what are you looking for?
Photo of Sarah0915

Sarah0915

I want to export my address book to a CSV file. There is no "export" option, only import.
Photo of Sarah0915

Sarah0915

I will be starting to use an email marketing system but I can't export my address book. It is very frustrating!! This transition has not been good.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This page shows you how to export your contacts from the OX system. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Carrie2236

Carrie2236

• 218 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
old email accounts.

Hello,

I have several email address which I use on iPhone/ipad and iMac all of which are still receiving and sending through the old settings (pre upgrade) will this stop and do I have to change to the new settings provided in order to keep my mail up to date? And if I do have to change settings will I lose my in box & sent mail?
Thank you
Carrie
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

For any email clients that you use, you will have to update the server names in the configuration settings. This page has links to instructions for all the major email clients. When you update the settings everything should function as normal without loss of emails.
Photo of Carrie2236

Carrie2236

I have set up my email address as instructed to the new settings on my iMac and it is running alongside the old account which is also still running and receiving the same emails (even though I have checked my domain email and it is setup now in the new email platform). I am confused ...why do they both work? will the old one stop? and in the new one I set up none of my inbox or sent items are visible that are in the old one? Carrie
Photo of Kelli5377

Kelli5377

• 654 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Both should not be working. Are you sure your converted to the new system? I know once I transferred to the new system I was unable to get any of my message on my phone or Mac until I updated the settings.
Photo of Carrie2236

Carrie2236

I received an email from Homestead saying "Your Homestead Email has been upgraded to a new eMail provider" so am assuming from that I am on the new email platform am I not?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Carrie2236, I just double checked and your account has indeed been converted. It should not be possible for you to still receive email with the old configuration settings. If you need us to look into this let us know which domain and email address is doing this.

Mike
Photo of John5710

John5710

• 520 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
words cant begin to describe my disappointment as a homestead customer for over 10 years.
Photo of Greg2098

Greg2098

• 418 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
EMAIL DOWN- AGAIN.

HUGE PROBLEM - EMAIL SYSTEM NOT WORKING AT ALL THIS MORNING AND HOMESTEAD IS SLEEPING. For those of us on the East Coast, a 9am start time to get some answers on why I continually get an error page when I am trying to log into my email, 9am is TOO late!!! Why is the email system not working AGAIN?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We are not having any outages. If you are using a 3rd party email client, be sure that you have it configured with the new server settings as shown above.

Mike
Photo of Isidro8282

Isidro8282

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Above are links to various versions of Outlook. If you get stuck, let us know what step or process, or error message etc.

Mike
Photo of divazinc.org

divazinc.org

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am trying to set up my email in Thunderbird. I believe I have the new email. I need all the setting. I have tried so many and I know something is wrong. Thanks. Error message is:

The current operation on 'Sent' did not succeed. The mail server for account crista@divazinc.org responded: Mailbox doesn't exist: INBOX.Sent.

I went into Homestead and opened the email so is IMAP the wrong settings or the port number? Help.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You can use IMAP or POP, and the port number will vary depending on which option you choose. This page has the correct configurations: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of divazinc.org

divazinc.org

Server Name: imap.homestead.com Port: 143
Connectoin Security: STARTTLS
Authentication method: Normal Pasword

Outgoing Server: smtp.homestead.com
Port: 587
Auth Method: Normal Password
Connection Security: STARTTLS
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

turn off the STARTTLS setting. It should be set to NONE, or OFF depending on your email client.

Mike.
Photo of Ian1099

Ian1099

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Email not being received..

Got switched to the new email platform, and none of our accounts are receiving email. We've tried calling, as well as the chat function to no avail. As we run a small business, we don't have time to sit on hold for hours at a time to take care of things that shouldn't be a problem in the first place.
All email is @toyboxpro.com
Thank you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You'll have to change the servername in any email clients that you have configured. See instructions above. If your problem is something different than this please include more details, error messages, etc.

Mike
Photo of divazinc.org

divazinc.org

Setting up Mozilla Thunderbird to get my Homestead email through??? Help. I have been trying so many thing..

How do I know if I have a new email acct also???
Photo of David7439

David7439

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Help.

I can log in on my PC, and cell phone but my tablet will not let me in. Was working fine until this morning. Side note if this is improving your product as a email provider you failed big time. I
will be leaving as soon as I can find a new provider.
Photo of Susan9102

Susan9102

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Has this been answered? It is very inconvenient that I cannot access my websites from my android tablet.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Susan9102,

Can you explain your problem? What is the domain name? This particular topic is related to the new email platform, and not related to websites.
Photo of Curtis8141

Curtis8141

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
#@!*&^?%$#! Enter Network Password pop-up windows.

How do I get rid (forever, preferably) of these damnable pop-up windows wanting a password for mail.homesteadmail.com and smtp.homesteadmail.com networks? Please respond to my personal e-mail at sitruc@texas.usa.com because these pop-up windows prevent my Outlook e-mail from updating.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You need to update the server names in your Outlook according to which version of outlook you have. See instructions above.

Mike
Photo of Nicholas8297

Nicholas8297

email switched now it messed up my micro outlook cant even sign on to change anything.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you are already using outlook, you'll just need to change the email server names. You'll see instructions above for the various versions of Outlook. You won't need to recreate the account, just change the server names and you'll be set.

Mike
Photo of Susan9102

Susan9102

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Credentials to receive email to a Verizon phone.

I am trying to get my emails to my phone. I had no problem getting it to Outlook. But I can't seem to get them to go to my phone. I have a Verizon phone. Can anyone help?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

There are instructions for Iphones and Androids above. If you don't fine what you need, let us know.

Mike
Photo of Antonio3091

Antonio3091

have problem with outgoing mail in outlook....I can receive mail fine, but wont accept my login information.

I can receive emails fine, but cannot send emails....it shows that my login information is incorrect, but it is the same as before.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you are unable to send, then the first thing to double check is the outgoing server settings ie. username/email address, servername, and port number. Also make sure the SSL setting is turned off.
Photo of Ray5809

Ray5809

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
can't receive email.

I'm able to send email, but I can't receive emails since January 29th.
Are you guys having the same problem? If so, any hint on how to fix it?

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the EMAILS NOT RECEIVED! topic.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Be sure you are using the correct configurations as shown here, and if you are still having problems, let us know if you are getting any error messages or specifically what is happening and we'll be happy to help you out.

Mike
Photo of Tomm3192

Tomm3192

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I just wanted to say thank you to Mike and Drew for enduring all the "slings and arrows" lobbed of late by those with legitimate e-mail issues, as well as those who are a bit oblivious to the often unavoidable issues that can come about with cyber traffic. You've held up well!!
We received word this morning of our account's migration to the new platform and were met with a couple hundred "unread" e-mails. We had apparently neglected to flag a couple of accounts to, "removed read e-mails from server after 5 days!" So, we had a pretty good laugh over that! We use POP3 with Windows Live Mail and did have to go in and make changes to the incoming/outgoing settings, but the link to the POP3 instructions were easy to find and follow. All is well with relatively minor inconvenience!
Again... Thanks to you both! Take the rest of the day off! :)

Respectfully, Tomm
Photo of Erika4645

Erika4645

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I use procare child care software for my daycare center and cannot figure out how to setup the settings for my email. I do use the Open-Xchange server. Can I please get some guidance as to what I am doing wrong? I did get this to work previously (before the conversion) but have no idea how to make it work again.

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

One setting you'll need to change for sure is the smtp server name. Instead of smtp.homesteadmail.com, just change it to smtp.homestead.com.

If it still does not send, ask the software maker if they have an "SPF record that we need to add to the DNS records.

Mike
Photo of Erika4645

Erika4645

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike.

Thanks for your help, that worked perfectly! Something so small made a huge difference. Thank you for your timely response and great help.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Great.. glad it's working. Let us know if we can help again.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of John5710

John5710

• 520 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
email is not working!!!

Mail Delivery Subsystem
2:57 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

john@shadowstock.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found

----- Original message -----

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=+zgrIzeIRpFKCcXqW4nQ0LD9Vk1wzDN+7Iq1F6bMTec=;
b=HanrA8zFg8z1L2rRhOEPWCqQliztFI2YDo0Np4zM4iVh6/r+VLTL0uzaYqe6K19jKU
6R1pg0Xz3jOwFTPrnuUOaDSLZnzZtimvw2n5GsTm25ue9uly3gt0+qdbXg252S5SHuM+
jdOuGYnreflfs5D3fj7puScSaBj0fRZUUw6USrhmIT7MjXP0BoC3WeqnXnFcnTFldOJ+
uuor81oyFCQxyJfpYsjMpCfFAsS2PoZuaNbngIb19fAO2BST6shm70285qZ0W99HzGRj
DZ52xH/LgsyN4z+82LgS5DtUtUlRuO1mdwIPsmbzArRDrUFMxKNLcWHU8VGZsLOpT+z3
vbdg==
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.229.10.197 with SMTP id q5mr6332099qcq.15.139
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You need to verify your domain. See this page and the official response: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Susan0387

Susan0387

Can't access my email this morning.

Can't log into email or download email to iPhone or Outlook. Did something change with email access? My website looks fine. I see site was down yesterday but didn't notice this problem during that outage.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you have not changed the email server names in your email clients, you'll need to do that. See steps above. If this does not solve the issue, let us know.

Mike
Photo of Susan0387

Susan0387

online chat support suggested that I update my passwords and that fixed the issue. Password requirements changed today I guess (use of caps, etc.) so I was no longer compliant? Anyway, problem solved. Thank you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thank you for the follow up.
Photo of Steve8847

Steve8847

No Mobile Email.

I noticed the upgrade on the webmail. This has affected all of our companies email on the mobile devices.
I have tried removing the email accts and adding them and now it wont resolve my password and username.
Not sure I am liking the new webmail, its very clunky but I definitely dont like not being able to get it from our devices.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Any mobile device or 3rd party email app will need to be reconfigured with the new email server names. There are instructions above for the most popular ones.

Mike
Photo of Christopher7043

Christopher7043

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why is the mail server not responding on my iphone. Never had a problem until today?.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Was your account my any chance just converted to the new email system? If so you will have to update the email server name in the configuration settings.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.