Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
1. In the Bigcommerce control panel, go to Setup & Tools › Design.
2. Click on Edit HTML/CSS.
3. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, locate and click on ProductDescription.html.
Use Ctrl F or Command F to quickly locate template files in the list.
4. Copy the code below, and paste it into the top of the HTML code on ProductDescription.html<meta name="twitter:card" content="product">
<meta name="twitter:site" content="@yourtwittername">
<meta name="twitter:title" content="%%GLOBAL_ProductName%%">
<meta name="twitter:description" content="%%GLOBAL_ProductDesc%%">
<meta name="twitter:image" content="%%GLOBAL_ThumbImageURL%%">
<meta name="twitter:label1" content="Price">
<meta name="twitter:data1" content="%%GLOBAL_ProductPrice%%">
<meta name="twitter:label2" content="Shipping">
<meta name="twitter:data2" content="%%GLOBAL_ShippingPrice%%">
<meta name="twitter:domain" content="%%GLOBAL_ShopPathNormal%%">
Don't want to show the shipping cost? You can customize what appears here by changing Shipping and %%GLOBAL_ShippingPrice%% to anything you like. For instance, you can use Brand and %%GLOBAL_BrandName%% to show the product brand, or Returns and"We offer a generous 30 day full refund for returns" to show static text about your returns. All variables must be contained in quotation marks.
6. Save your changes.
Getting your card approved by Twitter
1. Go to the Twitter Card Validator and log in using your Twitter account.
2. Choose the Product card.
3. Click on the Validate & Apply tab.
4. Enter the URL of one of your products, then click Go!. An example of a URL would bemystore.com/blue-jean-jacket.
5. If there are no errors, you will see a yellow circle and a text box saying www.yourdomain.com not approved. Click Request Approval.
6. A pop up will appear asking you for some further information. Fill it out, then click Request Approval.
7. The form will process and then you will be informed that your request has been submitted. Twitter approval can take up to two weeks. You will receive an email as soon as you are approved.
Viewing your Twitter card
Your Twitter cards will begin to show within a few hours of receiving the email from Twitter that you are approved.
1. Go to Twitter and create a new tweet using the URL of one of your products. For example, "Checkout our amazing new product! http://mystore.com/blue-jean-jacket";
2. To see your card just click the tweet to view the details.
3. Marvel at your amazing Twitter Product Card!
There are no replies.