How to use or where is the spell check on the new email?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

when writing a email on the new email I can not find a spell check.
Is there one & if so where is it?

thanks
Photo of todd0094

todd0094

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The major browsers have spell checks built in and most people use those now. You might have to enabale it. You can google it for your preferred browser.

Drew
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

• 2,902 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
There is no spell check in this new "improved" email system? This is so unbelieveable. I have been with Homestead since the beginning. It has not gone down hill but collapsed in the last few months. We are getting fewer and fewer functions. This is NOT progress, this is going backwards.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
As Drew mentioned, all major browsers have built in spell checkers. (they will work in pop-ups also). You just need to turn it on if it's not already activated. This post gives links to various instructions. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of scott1603

scott1603

• 60 Points
I just wasted hours trying to figure out how to use spell check with this new email system. Finally, I came across this post and figured it out. Would have preferred if you guys had made that clearer from the beginning.

Scott
Photo of Greg2098

Greg2098

• 418 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Seriously? Why are we paying for a half baked system? No spell check, no images on signatures unless you are programmer, no auto links on websites, etc. etc.

I just want a seamless system that does not require me to manage multiple mailboxes since Homestead does not sync with Outlook. Really guys, I had such faith in the new system but you have failed us again.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Greg I'm sorry the new web client does not have a spell check, but, all major web browsers have one built into them. Also the new email system does work with Outlook. All of the configuration instructions can be found here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Mike
Photo of bill3378

bill3378

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Have just installed Speckie to do my spell check and find that while it will detect the miss spellings and underline them, it will not correct them. If I am on a website and mis spell, I select the proper spelling and it will correct. Is there something blocking this process in your email composer.

I also find it very short sighted to rely on 3rd party software to fill in for the deficiencies in this product.

PS: Speckie did let me correct 2 errors while typing this, but not while I was composing an email in this new system.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am not familiar with Speckie, so I can't offer suggestions in relation to that.

This is not a deficiency, there is no reason for cloud based programs to make themselves top heavy when the browsers all have a built in spell checker that works very well with the webmail, including composing.

If you make sure the browser spell check is turned on, I think you will find it easy to use. When you type it will underline misspelled words. You just right click on the word and you will see suggestions to select from, or you can add to the dictionary too.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.