How much to upgrade my account?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Hello Community members!

We tend to get a lot of questions with regard to upgrading accounts. If you just need a minor upgrade, it is possible to add the following features with out upgrading to the next highest plan which will usually save you some money!

Below is the standard pricing as of this writing.

Additional Domain names: $2 per domain, per month, with a one time $5 setup fee.
Additional Email addresses: $1 per email, per month
Additional Pages: $2 per month for 10 additional pages
Additional Sites: $2 per month (this does not include a domain name)

These are just a few of the most common upgrades. Please ask if you need guidance in selecting the right plan or service.

Thans!
Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
There are just a few simple clicks to add basic upgrades to your account. Just log into your account and follow the steps below.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Alan Davidson

Alan Davidson

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi MIke, I'm into a pretty old conversation here but hope you're still there and can help/advise. I have a basic starter site that I use for my small publicity business. Modest cost and all I have needed. However, I've just registered a business and domain name for another business which will require a larger website that will be revised weekly. Can I upgrade my Starter account to "Gold" and will that then absorb my smaller old site but allow me to have the bigger new one independent of it? I notice Gold says 3 websites but one domain name? Like can I cover both sites with a $20.95 upgrade?I have two domain names. Need both. Hope this all makes sense.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The Gold will include 1 domain, the other will have an additional $2/month charge. The site will be unaffected by the upgrade.
Photo of Robert4567

Robert4567

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am building a new web site and I would like to know the size of the site and price before publishing. I have selected the one year free "Website Express Hosting with domain". It is listed as 7.99 after the free year is up, but I know I have went over the size allowed. And my free year is set to expire soon.

I cant even find out when I started construction on my website. I have been so busy it has been several months and I haven't even finished nor published my site. I probably shouldn't have even started it. But that is neither here nor there.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
price and size..
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Robert,

Your free account expires on 8/30/13. Since you have 6 pages, the account will automatically add on the upgrade required for the extra page (plus your domain name). When the free trial runs out it would be $8.99 unless you add or remove any other features.
Photo of Robert4567

Robert4567

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hey Mike,

Thanks for your prompt response. It is what I needed to know. I really appreciate it.

Robert
Photo of John4307

John4307

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Create email account.

I would like to have email with website name. Must be in account set up, but where?
I cant setup a business email, I have tried with 2 diffrent email addresses and it keeps telling I cant log in or incorrect procedure.

I cant set up my business email account
I tried woth oncall4you@gmail.bizz and it will not go through
Not sure if this is a google issue or yours.
Photo of Rebeca9970

Rebeca9970

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello I have been with Homestead since they were free, I was given with out a choice a bundle and I want to upgrade to the Business and the only choice I get is the $700 and something a year bundle. I dont think is fair for some one that has been with Homestead for over 11 years .
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hello, You are already on the business package. What were you looking to accomplish?

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Rebeca9970

Rebeca9970

No It must be a different one because I don't get the same as others I'm more limited, I was helping a few friends to start a web site with homestead and i noticed my package is so out dated.
Photo of Rebeca9970

Rebeca9970

The site builder I use I'm limited in many things.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Which one are you using?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Your account is configured for SiteBuilder and SiteBuilder Lite. It sounds like you may be logging into SiteBuilder Lite if you are lacking features. The upgrade to SiteBuilder Plus is free. Just reply here if you would like us to upgrade the account. If you do, make sure you publish any changes you've made before we convert the account.

Mike
Photo of Rebeca9970

Rebeca9970

yes i would like to.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Your account has been upgraded. Just log into your account on www.homestead.com and go to the Websites Manager page. You will see a blue Edit button in the center of the screen. This will launch the SiteBuilder. It will take a little bit of time to get use to but it works very much the same way as the desktop version.
Photo of Donell6859

Donell6859

• 422 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
add email.

Mike, I checked and there is no option for email anymore. I took screenshots and I am attaching them to this email. There is a new feature to create custom email addresses through Google. I clicked on that button and there are so many options I could not find anything related to creating email addresses. This is very frustrating. Here are links to the screenshots, when I attempted to use your button below it looked like it was creating HTML code which I am not sure you would be able to see:

https://app.box.com/s/7g7fqoct03krgj9...

https://app.box.com/s/zt1gedr8kj9hb2n...

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Auto-Renewal and Email Add-On Help topic.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The option is buried a little deeper. You'll need to click "Customize My Website" as shown on #2 above. Then you'll see the options.
Photo of Donell6859

Donell6859

Mike,

I was able to finally find the option to add email. Now I need to know how to forward the email from the accounts I set up to another email address. Is the Advanced Options section shown through the link below where I enter the email address to be forwarded to?

http://i.imgur.com/ZxHWu2y.jpg
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes it is. It can take up to an hour to begin forwarding.

Drew
Photo of Donell6859

Donell6859

Thanks so much for all of your assistance.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of waynejoy0076083

waynejoy0076083

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
why can I not add email accounts to starter package.

I require 2 email accounts can I add them to the starter package? or will I have to upgrade packages?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

waynejoy0076083,

You can just add on the email accounts as shown above without upgrading the whole package.

Mike
Photo of Scott4910

Scott4910

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How much does adding an additional domain cost? I've used up the ones in my plan..
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Scott4910,   I merged your post into this thread. See the main post above as it explains the options.  If you only need a domain, with no privacy and no email addresses, it's a one time $5 setup plus $2 per month.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.