How many times do I have to keep putting my website on a diet to publish?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Just about every time i was ready to publish a page on my website, i was told I was x amt of KB over, and gradually i manged to get it down below a full KB, but I was practically tearing the guts of my content out to get it down. I've even optimized the pics too, or maybe I didn't optimize often enough. I'm new at using an iMacPowerbook Pro which might explain a lot. LOL, is this a trip! or what?!
Photo of Steven2964

Steven2964

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • patiently slipping into pissed

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It looks like it's due to the large number of images you have. Your existing hosting plan only includes 25MB. For an extra $2 per month we can give you a whole gig of disk space which will hold hundreds of pictures and you won't have worry about deleting wanted content. Just reply here if you want the upgrade and I'll get it added for you.

Mike
Photo of Steven2964

Steven2964

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the info Mike. I have a hunch that I might've loaded too many duplicates of "just in case' images from my computer and this is overloading my file. After all, when I started to re-do the entire look of the website to cut out the written fluff and put more pix of my works for viewing, I had no problems with saving and even publishing a few pages just to show people my shop was still open. I'm going to see what happens when I start yanking out the extras before I buy any add'l space.

Thank you anyway for your answer. LOL, I couldn't wait because after a half day of this problem beginning in the late afternoon, it was time to call it a day.
Steven
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.