How many design templates are available to choose from?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

How many design templates are available to choose from?
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 43,156 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 43,156 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There are hundreds of different design templates for you to choose from. Each design has been grouped into 5 categories so you can narrow your search to better suit your needs. The most important thing to consider is that all templates are highly customizable.

• Business Type - Select an option from this category if you want to use a template design that is more structured towards your industry.

• Website Personality - Select an option from this category if you have a certain style or layout in mind.

• Website Purpose - Select an option from this category if you want a template design that is geared toward your business objective.

• Target Customer - Select an option from this category if you are trying to appeal to a certain audience.

• View designs by color - Select a color to see what template designs match.

Note: You can select from more than one category if you want to continue to refine your search.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.
Photo of kay4839

kay4839

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
where do you find the 5 categories design templates?
NEED HELP TO FIND MORE DESIGN TEMPLATE
CAN,T FIND THE RIGHT TEMPLATE
Photo of Dawn0001

Dawn0001

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You can't get to them unless you change your account to using site builder plus only-their web only version of their software to update your site. You can not get to them if you have the desktop version of their sitebuilder software.

from one of their employees on another similar question:

" we decided to remove the majority of templates for the desktop version as they were very outdated. We've built a new library of designs primarily suited for the online editing software. If you like, I'd be more than happy to update your account to sitebuilder plus only which would give you the rubust version of all designs. The only downside would be that you couldn't use the desktop version anymore."
Photo of Leighton8611

Leighton8611

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Will site builder plus cost more? Why not include the new designs in the desktop version? What is the downside in changing over to site builder plus?
Photo of Patti

Patti

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Good question!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The Plus version does not cost more. The upgrade is free. The Plus version has a whole new set of more modern templates and and some new design tools. One of the new features of SB+ is the addition of "master templates" which allow you to make changes to all pages at once. This is a feature that is not backwards compatible with the desktop version. The only real drawback that I can think of is that the Plus version will require you to always be online when working on the site. However, this does not affect the vast majority of users because they are typically online anyway, and it gives you more flexibility to work on your site from different locations.

Mike
Photo of Patti

Patti

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Does SB+ have drop down menus? I know that is a different topic, but customers have been asking for that for years and years. Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry Patti, It does not. That request is #1 out of all the customer requests so i think there's a good chance you'll see it but it will likely be a few months, sometime next year.

Mike
Photo of DJ Kid Red

DJ Kid Red

• 416 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Still waiting for the drop down menus, it's been 2 years... where are they???
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
DJ - It's been well over 8 years when Jason what's his name owned the company, then sold it to Intiut then they sold it to Endurance and all along the way, they just kep outsourcing their services and paid little attention to the customer's needs.  Unfortunate as the program has some good features. While I still have some sites on the platform, this company proves to fail their customers time and time again.
Photo of Sarah

Sarah

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I want to add another website, but I am now not able to see the templates, where it was divided into categories such as for doctors office, musician, personal etc...Now I just see a few color choices...I want the OLD homestead back, so I can browse ALL of the categories.....how do I do this???????
Photo of artNimages

artNimages

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm using the site builder plus and I still don't see where to view/access more designs.
(Edited)
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The templates that you see are all the templates available for you. If you want to unlock the additional templates, I would need to swap your account to SiteBuilder Plus only. If you use SiteBuilder Desktop program, this would make your account unusable on the desktop builder and you would have to switch.
Photo of artNimages

artNimages

Ok, I'll try it.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Okay, I have swapped this for you. 
Photo of artNimages

artNimages

Is it possible to revert back?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You have chosen a Master template site, you can't use Sitebuilder desktop.
Photo of DJ Kid Red

DJ Kid Red

• 416 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
artNimages best suggestion is jump ship and find a new company.  I use to praise and tell EVERYONE to sign up for Homestead but they just aren't the same company and their templates are flat out sad and disappointing.  Oh, don't dare ask them when they plan on updating their templates and software cause the ONLY answer they have is upgrade to Sitebuilder Plus... which is just a crappy upgrade.  Hopefully one day they get their stuff together and look around at what other companies are doing and offering.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.