How long before I see my site???????

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi,
I followed all the directions which were VERY easy to follow to switch my domain over. I closed my store for maintenance however I DO NOT see my new store hosted by Big Commerce. How long does this take. I can not find a telephone number for support! The one I do have is Mon-Fri! Can someone PLEASE help. I have been with homestead for over 11 years and their customer service has been #1 in my book I hope this will continue to be the same.
Looking for help ASAP!
www.dreamfelt.com
www.dreamfeltsupplies.com
Photo of Patti McAleenan

Patti McAleenan

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello. I will take a look at it for you. We haven't had live support on the weekends for some time now, due to low volume, but we do monitor this community both Saturday and Sunday.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Which domain did you add in Bigcommerce? the one with supplies?

Drew
Photo of Patti McAleenan

Patti McAleenan

Thanks Drew! I believe the problem might be for some reason when I went into get the domain names it came up dreamfelt when my store front is dreamfeltsupplies. (why they set me up this way I have no idea nor do I understand) I did pull up another web page and when I put in my address it kept coming up stores.dreamfelt so I did go with the address it was going me. When I went over to the CNAME the ONLY one I changes was the "store"address to the one that Big Commerce had given me. Not sure if this has helped.
Patti
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I made a change on the old store. In Bigcommerce, go back to the domain section and make sure you enter stores.dreamfealtsupplies in the box. Make sure the drop down box has .com. It should resolve within 24 hours.

Drew
Photo of Patti McAleenan

Patti McAleenan

Hi Drew!
So start the re-direct process over again?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Just the part in Bigcommerce. Do not change the CNAMEs again. Go to domains and use the supplies domain.
Photo of Patti McAleenan

Patti McAleenan

Oh dear :( I think I just entered dreamfeltsupplies and did not put "store." in front of it. arghhhhhhhh
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

No worries. Do it again. and it should be stores.dreamfeltsupplies
Photo of Patti McAleenan

Patti McAleenan

OK done....so now my store will be down for 24 hours?

I just need to know this so I can let me customers know.

Thanks Drew for all your help!
Warmly,
Patti
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It seems to be working for me this morning.

Drew
Photo of Patti McAleenan

Patti McAleenan

Thanks Drew! Thanks was not so painful...the only problem now is that we can't seem to place an order.
I thought I set up my shipping all correct as I ship USPS and I ship worldwide however we are trying to place an order and keep getting an error message: Unfortunately one or more of your items in your cart can’t be shipped to your location . Please choose a different delivery method.
Any suggestion????
Thanking you in advance for your help!
Warmly,
Patti
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

In the USPS settings switch to the production server. That should do it, except for Armenia, which you left out of the zone.

Drew
Photo of Patti McAleenan

Patti McAleenan

Hi Drew! Thanks so much I did all. Just one last question I hope...lol. How long does it take before I see that working?
Thanks,
Patti
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Patti, It usually does not take more than a few hours. I just pulled it up and it is working at this time!

Mike