How do you mark an e-mail as "not spam"?

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I don't see anywhere to do that in the new e-mail and it's not sending those e-mails through to Outlook.
Photo of Mark1061

Mark1061

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
This is currently not an option, but I agree is something that is quite necessary. I am changing this post from a question to an idea so we can gather interest from everyone. Please click the +1 button above.

If you are repeatedly gettng the same spam message please post it to this page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Mike
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,112 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Mike, yes I would say that they certainly need to add this option since I just received an email from homestead that went directly to the spam folder! Not to mention, I won't be a happy camper if my client emails end up there and I can't "unspam" them!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you ever do end up with a legitimate email being blocked let us know. There is a process in place for us to address those issues.

Mike
Photo of Dustin7812

Dustin7812

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Who do I need to contact to get messages unblocked? I was receiving invoices from my supplier and as of two weeks ago I no longer receive them. I had them send them to my personal email and that worked fine. So my assumption is they have been blocked.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dustin7812,

Can you post the source of the message that made it to your personal email?  You might have to Google it to find out how to get the source depending on how you check your email.  Post it here and we can take an issue.

If the company is sending the email and "spoofing" your email address, that might also cause it to be marked as spam as their severs will not be recognized as a valid sending server for the domain.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Dustin7812

Dustin7812

device@riograndeco.com This is the address that I receive my invoices from however they are no longer showing up. I am assuming they got blocked for some reason?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you get the source of the message they sent to your personal and paste it here?

Drew
Photo of Dustin7812

Dustin7812

date: Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:26 AM
subject: OE Invoice for Order #:1505818-00
mailed-by: riograndeco.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Is that the entire email?  Nothing here is blocked by our system.

Drew
Photo of Dustin7812

Dustin7812

I am not sure what else could be the problem. I have received 5-20 emails a day from this account. and as of June 4th. I am no longer receiving them. I had them change the email address to my other account and it worked fine. Thus something with Homestead is blocking the emails. What other information could be on the email that would be blocking receipt.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

How do you check the email where it was successfully sent.  Is it a gmail or yahoo, or something?

Drew
Photo of Dustin7812

Dustin7812

gmail
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

In gmail, select the message that came through and open the message.  Right click on the message and select "view page source"

Copy/paste that here and we can analyze it.  Do you know if the sender is receiving a bounce message?  If so, we could use that page source as well.

Drew
Photo of Dustin7812

Dustin7812

The full version is 625 lines of code do you want all of that. I will attach the http: link. If you want the text copied all 625 lines I will do that as well.
view-source:https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inb...
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I will send you an email.  Please reply to it and attach the whole source message.  Post here that you have sent it.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Dustin7812

Dustin7812

sent
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Dustin7812,

I received it and as shown, this is not blocked by our spam filter.  Google does throw a bunch of stuff in the source though.  Would it be possible to request the sender get us the source for any bounce message they may have received.  If they don't receive a bounce then if they can give us the source for the original message sent to your Homestead email?  I can then search to see if it is reaching our servers.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Alice5144

Alice5144

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem. Some of my client's emails are suddenly going in the spam filter and do not get forwarded to my outlook mail box. I am at my wits end trying ti explain ti my clients why I don't bother to respond to them. PLEASE FIX THIS! Come up with a way to un-spam ASAP.
Alice W. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Alice5144,

Can you please log in to the webmail and find a message in the spam filter?  When you do, right click on it and select View source.  Copy/paste the source here and I will analyze it.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Alice5144

Alice5144

I never heard back from you since I sent the source. Any updates to this issue? It's getting worse. More important emails are going straight to spam. Surely you must be able to fix this by now.?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Alice5144, I don't see any source messages in this topic. How do you check your email? Do you use webmail or a program like Outlook?
Photo of Alice5144

Alice5144

Thanks for getting back to me. As far as I recall, I sent it to you via email, not here. I use Outlook, but now must also have the webmail spam filter open and check it constantly. It's a royal pain in the neck, especially since it seems to be getting worse. People I have been emailing with for years suddenly go straight to spam.
Photo of Alice5144

Alice5144

I hereby apologize to Homestead! I figured out the spam situation after all this time. It turns out that the mail app on my phone, where I often check my mail, has a spam/unspam button. If you accidentally touch the spam button on your phone, it will automatically send subsequent emails from the sender straight to the spam filter on Homestead. If you go into your spam filter on your phone and unspam a particular sender, it will no longer go to the spam filter on Homestead. Problem solved.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Glad to hear you got it resolved!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.