How do we create clickable links in item descriptions in SimpleStore?

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Implemented
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Basically I want a clickable link to another page on my site (and sometimes outside site pages) in item descriptions in my SimpleStore. Customer Service agent gave me help with HTML but their suggestion did not work. I still have links that are unclickable. Seems like an easy request - can someone here help? Thanks!
Neil
Photo of Astrologer Neil

Astrologer Neil

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Astrologer Neil,

Sorry but the Simple store currently does not allow for adding hyperlinks in the descriptions. Your request is a fairly popular one and one that our developers are considering. They are actually in the process if releasing a new version that will hopefully allow for this, but it will likely be several months down the road.

I changed your question to an idea status so please for anyone else that would like to see this implemented please click the +1 button so our developers can see how much demand there is.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Neil,

I am not sure when you are slated to be converted to the new Simplestore, but it does have the functionality to write code in the description so that you can create clickable links.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Astrologer Neil

Astrologer Neil

Hi Drew thanks for the reply. I am on the new sitebuilder now, can you point me in the right direction to creating clickable links - my products currently have links to samples on other pages that can't be clicked. Thanks again for your help! Neil
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It isn't the new Sitebuilder. It is the new Simplestore. I will see if I can find out when we will be converting you.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Astrologer Neil

Astrologer Neil

Drew, I'm using the new Sitebuilder and can't find where to change the keywords for each page. Can you help? Thanks!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you are using the new SiteBuilder Plus, there is no longer a keyword field. Google has admitted that they no longer use they keyword tag. However if you still want to enter a keyword tag, you can still do so by adding it to the head section. This is accessible by clicking the Page Settings button, and then the Advanced Settings link. Once you click this link just look to the right side and you'll see the field for the head tag.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Astrologer Neil

Astrologer Neil

Oh wow so how does my website get found in search engines now if all the keywords have been removed?! Yikes. Do you recommend adding the keywords or is that now a pointless endeavor? Thanks for any extra info you can give me, as I had no idea this had been changed in the new Sitebuilder.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You still use keywords, it's just the keyword meta tag is no longer used by Google. You can integrate keywords into every other element of the site; title tags, description tags, page text, url's, alt tags etc.
Photo of Astrologer Neil

Astrologer Neil

Ah gotcha, please do Drew, look fwd to using the new simplestore!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We don't have a release date available yet, but it will likely be next year. We will be sure to announce it on the Community at that time.

Photo of Astrologer Neil

Astrologer Neil

Hi Drew, email hasn't been sending out to people for days now, since the email system was changed. I also can't see some of the folders I had created. Any updates on when the email will be fixed? Clients are getting no mail from me sent from my homestead email and it's very frustrating. Any ideas/updates? Thanks buddy! Neil
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

How are you sending mail? Webmail or a client? Does it stay in your client, or show as sent?

Drew
Photo of Astrologer Neil

Astrologer Neil

Hi Drew thanks for getting back to me. I'm using the new email system Homestead wheeled out. Signing into the site and emailing. All email is marked as sent, but I only just found out no clients have received any of the emails Ive sent i think this past 2 weeks perhaps longer. I tested it myself and sent an email to my personal gmail and it never got there. It started when homestead's email system was changed.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Neil,

Can you fill out this form form me?

http://communityguidelines.homestead....

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Neil, can you please log into the webmail and see if the message goes through? Note the sending address, recipient address, date/time, and subject. I got the form and will submit both to the mail admins to track if it doesn't go through. If it does, we will check your mail client again.

Drew
Photo of Astrologer Neil

Astrologer Neil

Hi Drew are you saying to send the email to the person again (same as one i filled out form for) and see if it goes through this time? Just wanted to check
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes.. that is what Drew is saying, except try to send it from the web client. Use the Webmail link at the top of www.homestead.com

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.