How do I voice my complaint with regard to the email service?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: This topic is being closed as it has covered too many different issues, that are largely resolved. It has grown to the point that valid information has become too difficult to locate. Feel free to post a new question if necessary.

If you would like your voice to be heard you are welcome to voice your complaint here. If you do have questions on our email service or other products feel free to post to the relevant threads.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,478 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Tomm3192

Tomm3192

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mike, Drew, Colby, and the rest... Keep the faith!! Not everyone is trying to "class action" you, or demanding credits/refunds! We're having the same problems with excessive spam management and outgoing client mail not making it to the other end... But, such is life in this cyber day and age! We get it and we're sticking with you. There are easy options for those who feel they can't.

Do the best you (Homestead) can, and keep us posted. It'll all be over at some point! ;)

Respectfully, TGF
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 262,450 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thank you. We are close to finishing the email migration, that will switch you to the new spam filter. This should clean up your spam problem significantly. It will also learn over time to improve itself.

Is your outgoing mail bouncing back to you? Or does it disappear?

Drew
Photo of Tomm3192

Tomm3192

Outgoing mail (with or without an attachment) is simply disappearing for the most part, though some have bounced on occasion, then succeeded on re-send. Mostly about one of three or four simply vaporize. Also, incoming e-mails continue to be dated (time stamped) about a half hour ahead of actual. Makes it harder to stay on top of the conversation string, but not altogether critical.

Thanks again for your incredible mental endurance! :) TGF
Photo of Drew N

Hopefully all of these issues will resolve upon migration, however, if you get a bounceback, please post it so we can take a look. Diagnosing messages that vanish is much harder, but if you have one that does, give us the sending and receiving addresses and the subject and the date/time sent. Maybe we can see if it get stuck in our system or if it is getting lost outside.

Drew
Photo of Tomm3192

Tomm3192

We haven't had a [what we know to be an incorrect] bounce-back in a while, and we can't always tell for sure if outgoing disappears unless a client lets us know their audio file was not received (they are used to 24hr service from receiving their scripts, so we hear about these relatively quickly). I do know that a personal note went out on the 27th to a group of friends to acknowledge the passing of a dear friend and there was no response from any of the recipients. That tells me it likely never did get delivered to the 6 or 8 addressees. Drop me a direct e-mail if you like and I'll happily forward the e-mail in question to you if it would help you. TF
Photo of Drew N

I will do. Thanks
Photo of Andrew9200

Andrew9200

• 60 Points
This new email program is the worst email program I have ever used. Trouble logging on, error reports up the gazoo and sometimes the sign in page won't even open in the browser.. We run a business and can't afford to mess around with faulty email service. We are looking for another email server to use that works all the time, not just once in a while.
Photo of Drew N

We understand frustration and migrations can be painful. I have used this platform before and I find it to be very stable. We understand you need to do what is best for your business. If you feel you need a new email provider then let us know if we can help.

If you would like to see if we can figure out why you are having problems, then let us know what specific troubles and errors you are getting. The more details you can provide the better off we are.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Drew N

For anyone that was receiving this error, when sending to gmail addresses, or Google hosted email, today, please try sending again.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at gproxy5-pub.mail.unifiedlayer.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:
2607:f8b0:4002:0c01:0000:0000:0000:000e failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550-5.7.1 [2605:dc00:100:2::a5 16] Our system has detected that this
550-5.7.1 message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR records
550-5.7.1 and authentication. Please review
550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=ip... for more
550 5.7.1 information. i24si1985514yhe.6 - gsmtp

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

Let us know if you are able to send now.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Luna Roasters9280

Luna Roasters9280

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you. I am still receiving the MAILER_DAEMON error. One of our business units runs on a Business Gmail platform with @bocajava.com as the domain. Can you help? Here is the error I am receiving:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at gproxy5-pub.mail.unifiedlayer.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:
2607:f8b0:4002:0c01:0000:0000:0000:001b failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550-5.7.1 [2605:dc00:100:2::a5 16] Our system has detected that this
550-5.7.1 message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR records
550-5.7.1 and authentication. Please review
550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=ip... for more
550 5.7.1 information. x29si12916727yha.111 - gsmtp
Photo of paul3086

paul3086

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been trying to login into my mail for 2 days. (it seemed fine until last saturday)
I can log into Homestead and update my website, post to this forum, but email is impossible.
"The connection was reset".. error window appears after 5 mins and I have to try again, to the same result.
I have tried from just about every browser type, at different times of the day (and night) - not impressed!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

How are you trying to log in? Are you using the link at the top of the home page on www.homestead.com?

According to your log in sessions they all show that you have only used the Chrome browser on a Mac OS. This should work fine so I'm wondering if you are logging at the wrong URL.

If you are trying to log in with an email client then you'll have to have it reconfigured for the new email platform if you have not done this yet. Here are instructions: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Let me know if you still have problems.
Photo of Jim2592

Jim2592

• 60 Points
I am feed up with Homestead. Tried to update as requested and tells me unable to access account.Getting popups asking to enter user name and password. We run a small business through quick books,and this email sucks. We continue to have problems over the last two years. Cannot get through to anyone through help deck. Have brought in computer troubleshooter numerous times over the two year period.
Homestead needs to get there crap together.
Photo of Tomm3192

Tomm3192

It's "their." "Their" crap together.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hello 7641566, your account was converted to the new system. If you have not done so, you'll have to reconfigure any email clients you are using. Follow the steps here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

If you need to reset your password, follow the steps here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

If you have any problems let us know and we'll be happy to help you.

Mike
Photo of Andrea8922

Andrea8922

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have a question: By what standard is this new system an 'upgrade?'
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

For several years our customers have been asking for a more reliable stable email system. The new system we are implementing will hopefully provide just that. In addition there is a much better, more sophisticated spam filter that will help prevent against the possibility of widespread blacklists which happened a few months ago. It may be several months down the road but we are also considering the possibility of various customizable options in the future which were not possible on the old system.

Mike
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 622 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I know what it's like being a system engineer myself, but I think you guys need some help. With all respect it's your methods that have people upset. The change over happened during normal working hours. You should have sent out emails stating it was going to happen in the next 2-3 hours or something to alert us. If you need help revamping your IT practices I can assist. Upgrades need to happen but the inconveniences can be minimized
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

DJ Mike, Please see my comment below to Ann1086. We have thousands and thousands of accounts that have different features and requirements. Therefore they are sorted into batches that meet certain criteria and can not all be converted at once.

We do send emails to every email address just a few hours before it is converted.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

• 2,902 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Mike, I responded to this earlier and it was removed. We are not receiving email notices a few hours before the change. On one account, I got 2 emails a minute a part from Homestead telling I had already been updated - nothing before.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I apologize for that. I have notified our email admins of that it seems some customers did not get the prior notification. I know this causes confusion as people don't know why their email clients stop working. Is everything working for you at this piont? or is there still something I can help with?
Photo of Ann1086

Ann1086

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Has everyone been upgraded? I can still access my email through Zimbra, and it actually seems to be letting some incoming mail into the inbox. info@sharpshootersolutions.com

If it hasn't been migrated, what is the expected date?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We actually have been sending emails just a few hours before migration. Unfortunately I can not give details as to when specific accounts will be migrated. They are done in batches which are sorted by accounts that meet certain criteria.

So, for anyone that has not yet been migrated, just continue using the Zimbra system and your existing email client as normal. Once you are converted you'll just need to change the server names in your email client.

Mike
Photo of Ann1086

Ann1086

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike. I actually didn't mean to ask when my account in particular would be migrated - but meant to ask what is the expected time frame for the remaining accounts to be migrated? Such as: "We expect to have all accounts migrated by the end of Feb" or "in the next two weeks."

But you do bring up another question for me: Since I now use Zimbra to receive and send my email, will their be a similar option with the new email service? Or will we be required to set up having our email pulled into something like Outlook? If so, will we be given the server names to do so?

I think Homestead is the same company that is running Healthcare.gov!!
Photo of Delaine4728

Delaine4728

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I received this email yesterday and now some of my bookmarked links are not working correctly, I did not click the link below as I was afraid this was SPAM, Is this from you or is this spam?

Your Webmail account Certificate expired on the 11th-01-2014

Your Webmail account Certificate expired on the 11th-01-2014, This may
interrupt your email delivery configuration, and account POP settings, page error when
sending message.

To re-new your webmail Certificate, Please take a second to update your
records by following the reference below:

Click Here

Once the information provided matches what is on our record, Your Webmail
account will work as normal after the verification process,
and your webmail Certificate will be re-newed.

Sincerely,
Mail Service Team
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you tell me who the sender of that email was? the email address it came from. ICANN is now requiring that certain emails be sent do domain owners. Is that the entire message above?

If you can verify the address it came from and that it's the entire message I'll confirm that it's legitimate.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Ok, what is going on with the new platform? I've worked my way through many of the settings and preferences, not that much different. Although Homestead did its customers a huge disservice when it failed to tell us we were losing both lists and spell check. Now the email system keeps logging me out with "session timed out" messages.

Ok, I open email, read a few, go to the filing cabinet to get the documents needed to answer a question from a client, click reply, and I've timed out? Or I took a phone call in the middle of reading an email, hang up about 5 minutes later, and I've "timed out"? Does this mean we cannot leave our email windows open to watch for email? We have a time limit? We have to sign in all day everytime we want to check our email? I know, I know, Homestead's first canned response will be it must be my browser......
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Oh great, now it's timing out while I read an email and as I click to respond. Or the little timer thing just sits there and spins.

And email are bouncing:
This is the mail system at host smtp6.homesteadmail.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

: host 74.220.195.20[74.220.195.20] said: 550 5.1.0
Suspect invalid mailer domain please check
your DNS records - ERR007 (in reply to MAIL FROM command)
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

ARGGGGGGG! I can't even get an email typed and the sustem times out!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If it's timing out that fast then there may be another issue. This sounds more like some sort of network/internet connectivity problem. The error you reported above was related to an issue where the DNS records could not be resolved, and has been fixed. If you are still having the short timeouts, let us know.

We'll have to do some more research and may need to log into your account and do some testing.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

It did not time out all during the day until about 3pm CST, then it started timing out and is still doing so this evening at 6pm. Nothing else on my connections is having problems. I have all kinds of windows open all day, including my gmail. The messages are that my session has expired.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Here is the most recent error message: Your session has expired. Please log in again. (Error-ID: 716076301-6485849)
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

And here is the most recent error message: (Error-ID: 1062518122-403538). I do not think this is a connectivity problem on my end. Two windows were opened with two different email accounts. Both were opened the same length of time with no activity. One timed out and the other didn't.

Then, while I was trying to log back in with a fresh window, I opened another email, it opened, then this message popped up in another window:
You'll Need to Sign In Again

We're sorry, but due to inactivity, your Homestead websites session is no longer available. You can sign in to restart.

I was signing in and got an inactivity notice.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you are getting "We're sorry, but due to inactivity, your Homestead websites session is no longer available." then that is the time-out message for the main Homestead site, not the email. We don't have a way to increase the time-out for either application. If you wish to keep your email open all day, you'll need to configure an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

Mike
Photo of Debra6686

Debra6686

• 774 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is not true......I keep my homestead email open all day long with no time-outs.
I also use internet explorer.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Why does this happen? When we reply to an email, the blue line is to the left of the message to us. When we type our response, the blue line/column stays beside the area of our response. When we send our response, our message than contains the >s the same as the message we received. How confusing is that to anyone reading the messages?

> Thanks.
>
> d
>
>
>
> On January 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM XXXXX> wrote:
> original message

Guys, this is HORRIBLE. Not even 24 hours into the UPGRADE, no lists, no spell check, the email window times out in a few short minutes, email is bouncing, and now this anomally that hasn't happened in any other email I've ever used. I'm wasting all this time trying to make email work and reporting the problems that I can't correspond with my clients!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This may depend on the senders original email client and if it's configured for plain text and/or html. Most email programs will do this from time to time. This should not happen if you draft a new email. If it does, please include a screenshot so we can see exactly what is happening.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

You guys told us we would not lose any email in this change. All of my sent email prior to 5/12/13 disappeared in one of my accounts. All of the sent email from 1/6/2014 to today is gone. None of the email I have sent is showing up in the sent folder. All that emai to clients and professional colleagues are gone.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You won't miss any emails. Be sure to check the folders as shown here; https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Debra6686

Debra6686

I think you are miss leading people by sending them the link above and telling them that is what it looks like! I have 1 folder in my email account which say "inbox" ....yes "1" and in that fold are the subfolders-drafts, send objects, spam, and trash! They are not separate like the images you presented!
What email platform has there trash in the inbox? really!!!
If you create a new folder....guess what it goes in your INBOX!!
no spell check, or automatic reply?
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Debra, I agree, this does not fit my expectations of an "upgrade."
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Mike, I did lose email and I lost folders. Someone else in this thread had the same problem. He was able to get thru to customer service. The first tier I talked to was no help. I waited and waited and the second tier never came on. I did discover in one account that some of the sent mail is in a sent folder and some is in a sent objects folder. I cannot find any options to direct where sent mail should be stored. This new platform seems to have very few user-controlled options. In the other account, the folders are just gone.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Your migrated emails will be in a sub-folder as shown on this page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

If for some reason they are not there, let us know and we'll request a re-migration.

Mike
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Since no one is answering the posts - I went to the upgrade notice email to find the link to the ask the community section specific to the upgrade. This is what the Homestead email said:

If you have any questions, please refer to our Frequently Asked
Questions: http://hmailupgradefaq.homestead.com, or visit our
Community and ask a question:
https://community.homestead.com/homes...

I went to the ask a question link and the topic is closed, frozen. No questions, no answers. NO way to ask a question. Guys, the military has an acronym for how badly Homestead has handled all this in the last 4-5 months.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We answer all posts in the order they are received. On the Community we average about 4-5 hour response time. If you need live support we encourage you to use the Live Chat button at the top of the web page (under Help) when you log into your account .

Announcement pages are closed for comments, but when necessary they contain links to related topics that allow you to post questions. For quicker response, please post your questions to the related topic. If you can not find a related topic please create a new post and we'll either answer it directly or merge it to the related topic.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

I just checked my other business's email account that has been upgraded. ALL my folders are gone, several hundred email from both sent and the inbox have disappeared in this account as well. None of the recently sent items are in the sent box. That's TWO accounts with the same problem. I am now rushing to the nonprofit's email - the nonprofit I encouraged to use Homestead back before this fiasco - and download all the email in the saved folders before we lose all our registrations for our Institute. And then to my third busines account to download everything in those folders. A full afternoon of no client work trying to save my business from Homestead email.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Dee Dee00596, If you've checked the location (sub folder of the inbox) and yuo are not seeing any of your emails there, then let us know what the email address (or addresses), is with the problem and we'll do a re-migration.

Mike
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

And now I cannot open email or do anything in that window. They don't make margarita's big enough to deal with all Homestead's problems ...... A link to this popped up in a little error window:

01-14-2014 08:29 PM GMT
Error: Error: 12152 - Unknown

Date: Tue Jan 14 14:48:07 CST 2014
Host: https://emailmg.homestead.com/ox6/ox....
Version: 6.22.0 Rev6 (UI), - (Server)
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.5; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; CMDTDF; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Module: mail, View: mail/hsplit/unthreaded, Folder: default0/INBOX, Default folders: contacts=109calendar=108tasks=110eas=true, Landing page: portal, Tree: New, Expert: No, Language: en_US

Loaded modules: caldav, calendar, com.openexchange.eas.provisioning.ui, com.openexchange.extras, com.openexchange.group, com.openexchange.mobile.configuration.gui, com.openexchange.oxupdater, com.openexchange.publish, com.openexchange.resource, com.openexchange.secret.recovery, com.openexchange.subscribe, com.openexchange.upsell.multiple.gui, com.openexchange.user.passwordchange, com.openexchange.user.personaldata, com.openexchange.usm, com.openexchange.usm.eas, com.openexchange.usm.json, com.openexchange.wizard, contacts, folder, infostore, interfaces, mail, mailaccount, messaging, olox20, portal, tasks, themes, uwaWidgets
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The code above shows that you are using IE8, which is several years old. If you are unable to upgrade to a more recent version of IE due to your operating system then please try using the Firefox browser. Let me know if you still get this error.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

I am using Firefox. Browser: Mozilla/4.0
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Firefox 4.0 is several years old, you'll need to upgrade it to work properly. The current version of Firefox is now 26.0.
Photo of Jules3370

Jules3370

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I know this is an old thread... but we just went Google and it was the best move ever! IMAP email that actually works, Exchange email for smartphones, and 30GB of space all for $4.17 a month! I was giving these guys $8.00 for their watered down service. Gmail syncs with Mac Mail, Outlook, and of course their great web app. You can even use your domain name with it. Google Apps for Business; oh and if you have a tech question or problem they are super helpful and actually answer your question unlike Homestead.
Photo of Cheryl6997

Cheryl6997

• 70 Points
THIS EMAIL PLATFORM IS HORRIBLE! THERE NEEDS TO BE INFORMATION EMAILED TO EVERYONE ON HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE! OH WAIT, I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY EMAIL, NOT EVEN IF I LOG INTO HOMESTEAD! THIS IS VERY POOR BUSINESS! YOU SHOULD HAVE TESTED THIS OUT BEFORE CHANGING OVER AND IT'S OBVIOUS THAT NO NONE DID!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Cheryl6997, If you explain to us where you are stuck we'll be happy to help you. We do email all customers before the conversion and after. I'm sorry if you for some reason did not receive the emails.

Let us know what exactly you are doing or where you are getting stuck.

Mike
Photo of Bob7006

Bob7006

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Like so many others, I too had problems with missing emails and folders. After a long wait, 25 minutes, I was able to get someone on the chat. He told me what to do and I told him I had already done that but after a while he requested my email address and password. I normally would not give out that info but after all this is Homestead that I have been with for 10 years. Pretty soon I was told that my emails and folders were there for him. I checked again and guess what....they appeared. I thanksed him and asked what country he was in...he replied...India.
The next day I get an email from someone requesting I send them an invoice so they can pay me. An invoice usually has a lot of information on it and this is from a government agency? I find it very strange that the day after I give someone trusted my email and password that I get this obvious suspicious email from that same country......
How safe is our information? Does Homestead know about this happening? I could not find a place to forward the email so I found this and posted here.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Bob7006, It is probably coincidence but I understand your concern. If you would like to email compliance@homesteadsupport.com and explain what happened you are welcome to do so.

Mike
Photo of Rory6805

Rory6805

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This issue seems to be continuing. I was notified by three unrelated clients this week that their email to me were returned as undeliverable. Is there anything that can be done about this?
Photo of Drew N

Hi Rory, please keep 1 issue to 1 topic.. It helps avoid confusion. I have answered your other topic.

Drew
Photo of Rory6805

Rory6805

I can't find the other thread, so is there anything that can be done?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Here's the link/page that you previously posted to. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Rory6805

Rory6805

ty
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You're welcome
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

• 2,260 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I am sick of ALL my out going mail bounces back .....this is the message it tells me...
This is the mailer daemon at CMOut01. Your message could not be delivered. Diagnostic information: Message="Rejected as spam by hosting provider filter (#5.3.2)", SMTP Return Code=554, Reporting Host=10.0.90.202

and I get a lot of spam....how can I get my emails through....this is friggin frustrating as all hell!!!
When is all this BS going to be fixed for good!! This is really not good for business that NO ONE is getting my emails!!!!

I waited for over an hour for the chat and finally had to go out...I think as someone paying over $180 a month....I want answers....
Photo of Drew N

Hello, I am sorry for the frustration. Is it all email addresses? or just one? How do you send out your email?

Drew
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

IT is ALL email addresses....I use Zimbra I also have been told before this that everyone would find my emails in the junk folder...so what is going on? Also how to I explain that the odd hit and miss the emails sent from my ipad get through...I can never send from any smart phone....no rhyme or reason to any of this...
Photo of Drew N

Ok. I am checking into it
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Thank you, do you need the codes of the daemon return emails I get with all the emails that are returned?
This is what I get sent...

This is the mailer daemon at cmgw3. Your message could not be delivered. Diagnostic information: Message="Rejected as spam by hosting provider filter (#5.3.2)", SMTP Return Code=554, Reporting Host=10.0.90.202

and when I click on the returned email ....I get this...

X-Authority-Analysis: v=2.1 cv=M/7edUAs c=1 sm=1 tr=0
a=XyQuZ+UZ4o+vIila/wprdA==:117 a=XyQuZ+UZ4o+vIila/wprdA==:17 a=BY6i1VJ7AAAA:8
a=f5113yIGAAAA:8 a=FKkrIqjQGGEA:10 a=HaauIFB7JDwA:10 a=nMOI8OMEnBkA:10
a=SmKfLI2pO4YA:10 a=xcGtWPIZAAAA:8 a=-atM1VQnzlcA:10 a=PpqqRgNdAAAA:8
a=jU4qhlNgAAAA:8 a=jJrOw3FHAAAA:8 a=PrtgvwQIAAAA:8 a=cdCf1PeppyYvmOAD9wMA:9
a=rwZOPPkCeF9xGjur:21 a=Yfk6ZJQNjZs2_hXT:21 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10
a=I68yVS-ljJMA:10 a=R2zLalQU9z0A:10 a=Z6kcmyRcv5AA:10 a=MtPHA1n-DdEA:10
a=xIcI23JhScwA:10 a=ro8WSbyWI-cA:10 a=FU4QsWcZpzsA:10 a=gA6IeH5FQcgA:10
a=NWVoK91CQyQA:10 a=rZHTysy7N20A:10 a=AUXS9g0f_rwaLevF:21
a=xXPJbNkQn92KHF6b:21 a=i-0SsBU65SaAy-xV:21 a=UiCQ7L4-1S4A:10
a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=frz4AuCg-hUA:10 a=tXsnliwV7b4A:10
X-Authority-Analysis: v=2.1 cv=M/7edUAs c=1 sm=1 tr=0
a=XyQuZ+UZ4o+vIila/wprdA==:117 a=XyQuZ+UZ4o+vIila/wprdA==:17 a=BY6i1VJ7AAAA:8
a=f5113yIGAAAA:8 a=FKkrIqjQGGEA:10 a=HaauIFB7JDwA:10 a=nMOI8OMEnBkA:10
a=SmKfLI2pO4YA:10 a=xcGtWPIZAAAA:8 a=-atM1VQnzlcA:10 a=PpqqRgNdAAAA:8
a=jU4qhlNgAAAA:8 a=jJrOw3FHAAAA:8 a=PrtgvwQIAAAA:8 a=cdCf1PeppyYvmOAD9wMA:9
a=rwZOPPkCeF9xGjur:21 a=Yfk6ZJQNjZs2_hXT:21 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10
a=I68yVS-ljJMA:10 a=R2zLalQU9z0A:10 a=Z6kcmyRcv5AA:10 a=MtPHA1n-DdEA:10
a=xIcI23JhScwA:10 a=ro8WSbyWI-cA:10 a=FU4QsWcZpzsA:10 a=gA6IeH5FQcgA:10
a=NWVoK91CQyQA:10 a=rZHTysy7N20A:10 a=AUXS9g0f_rwaLevF:21
a=xXPJbNkQn92KHF6b:21 a=i-0SsBU65SaAy-xV:21 a=UiCQ7L4-1S4A:10
a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=frz4AuCg-hUA:10 a=tXsnliwV7b4A:10
Received: from mail13.homesteadmail.com (unknown [10.100.114.6])
by smtp6.homesteadmail.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id C15CB58180C;
Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:37:39 -0800 (PST)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:15:24 -0800 (PST)
To: efrosini xanthopoulos
Message-ID:
In-Reply-To:
Subject: Re: Canada Summer Jobs, project #12654257 (Pickering Scarborough
East constituency)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_41139822_1856704080.1390090524019"
X-Priority: 1
Importance: high
X-Originating-IP: [198.13.247.67]
X-Mailer: Zimbra 7.2.0_GA_2669 (ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Win)/7.2.0_GA_2669)

------=_Part_41139822_1856704080.1390090524019
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

I am still waiting.....as this continues to KILL my business....shall I tell all my staff not to bother coming into work tomorrow???
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi twiggy, we are still looking into this. Can you tell us what email address/domain returned this error. The error above means that there was a large number of emails sent that exceeded the daily, or hourly sending limits?

Did you by any chance send out an email to a large number of recipients?

If you can tell us which address it is we'll pull a report and try to get the block removed. This type of block usually takes 72 hours to get removed.

Mike
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Are you kidding me that I have a limit on how many emails I can send in a day or hour?? I send and receive hundreds every day.
some are to the Canadian government, which is ,gc.on and some are internal here which is your server, and some are Yahoo, Hotmail, gmail, yes.on.ca, servicecanada.gc.ca.....I hope this helps you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes. Unfortunately there is a limit. If it is necessary to send email in that volume you many want to investigate other email services that are designed to send mass emails such as Email Brain or other services.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

If I go to another email provider then why is the point of having the huge package I have with you guys?? Then I will be paying for 2 different email providers? and What happens with the domain? meaning my email is connected to the website and all the domains I own....can I transfer all that as well?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You may want to talk to an web adivisor about your needs and discuss exactly what services you want or need so they can properly downgrade the account. There is a pointing method that allows you to have your site with one company, and your email with another. If this is what you decide to do, we can guide you on the process.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Mike, I spoke to one not long ago, paid $800 to have my website revamped and upgraded....and you think I should do what??? FIX THE GOSH DARN ISSUES IS WHAT I WANT!!!! TO STILL BE DEALING WITH THIS BS A YEAR LATER AND TO KEEP HEARING WE we are working on it is getting redundant, boring and not resolving any of the issues at hand. How many times are you going to use a different SPAM software? or change this or that....DO NOT do another thing until you fix ALL the issues at hand....I am expecting a lot more credit on my account .....not to mention a time frame when I can run my company properly, especially when you delayed me being able to respond to a VERY time sensitive issue!!! You have caused me a lot of money, time and grief!
So my question remains....when can I expect this BS to be resolved once and for all??!!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for your frustration. It sounds like you have a lot more on your mind rather than the email spam issue. We are happy to help you on the Community but sometimes when you have multiple complex issues it's just better to call in on the phone. This particular thread is for email issues but if you have some site/design issues, I'll need you to explain those also.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

MIKE, you are the one stating about going to another provider, the issues I have are ONLY emails.....my point was that you obviously missed, is that I have spend thousands of $$$ with your company and been with you for many many years....close to 20 years and everything was great until you were bought out...then things have been a complete and utter disaster ever since. You changed servers and SPAM software and even though we have not recovered from these issues you want to go a head and make more changes??!! My point it CLEAR UP THE MESS YOU HAVE AT HAND before you start another project!! our emails have NEVER gone back to being good....
THAT IS MY WHOLE POINT.....this is why I am so irritated, frustrated, exhausted and getting extremely bitter. I think I deserve my issues, and others people's as well, to be resolved immediately and first and foremost BEFORE you engage in anything else. Do I really need to make it all the way to the Presidents office yet again??? If so, please have them contact me immediately. They promised me this would all be resolved by now....so how about some real answers rather then we do not have a time line for all this to be resolved at the moment....GET ONE!

Mike, I can say that in one hand I feel bad for you as we are all dumping on you and you are just doing your job....on the other hand...feel the frustration we are going through and put yourself in these shoes and then see how you like the muddy waters....no so nice....so please try and be a more compassionate and start asking for answers on your end...you are our voice - please be it a little louder.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

So Mike, are you able to please find out when we can expect all these on going email issues to be resolved?
I also heard from a client that all of a sudden they received weeks of emails from my company over populated their emails....they received some in triplicates. any reason for this?
Also if I am setting up outlook, 2010 in the hopes that it might help...under what platform do I save this exported file in so that it can be imported into outlook 2010? I am having a heck of a time with saving this export file so taht it is compatible with 2010...I did get it in but I am missing contacts...and I need all the notes I have on each contact as well, it will not let me export from the full "root" file....thank you for any and all your help....
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We are about 1-2 weeks away from getting all of our accounts converted to the new email platform. I think in your case the best thing to do would be to go ahead and ask our email admins to initiate a migration on your account. It is probably not worth the time to do additional troubleshooting on a system that you will automatically be moved off of in 1-2 weeks anyway.

If you are exporting anything from one email client to another the most common, and usually required format is a .csv file. This is pretty universal across most email clients.

If you would like us to go ahead and migrate your account, please reply here. Also, if you have not done so please read the notes on this page: https://community.homestead.com/homes... and let us know if you have any questions before we do the migration.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Hello Mike, I think if I have been going though all this BS for over a year now, waiting is a much easier solution, don;t you agree?
As for the file, yes I am aware of the .csv but either our email does not list that or outlook 2010 doesn't list that as an option.
I will figure that part out...you guys just get the emails and websites back up and running smoothly...please and thanks. Have a great day....

Sorry, one other question - since I am converting things over to outlook 2010 I keep getting an email on both the internet and the outlook account stating the following (copied from the emails)
This is the mail system at host smtp5.homesteadmail.com.

Your message was successfully delivered to the destination(s) listed below. If the message was delivered to mailbox you will receive no further notifications. Otherwise you may still receive notifications of mail delivery errors from other systems.

The mail system

: delivery via
mail13.homesteadmail.com[10.200.1.226]:7025: 250 2.1.5 Delivery OK

: delivery via 74.220.195.20[74.220.195.20]:25: 250
2.0.0 Gm0F1n0091qPsSx01m0JP0 mail accepted for delivery

What does this mean?
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

I also need help with outlook....to be honest...I HATE IT! the colours the fonts the layout...and most of my contacts came over but they are empty....other then the name of the person and even that is not right...I was put in outlook as a client...my name and the clients contact info...not good. how or where can I get some help with this hunk of junk...
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Twigg, we should not have to use Outlook. We're paying Homestead to provide us an email service. It should WORK!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Dee Dee0596, You don't need to use Outlook unless you want to. There is a web client for both the old Zimbra system and the new OX system.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

twiggy, Would you like us to go ahead and migrate your account to the new system? I really thing that is the most efficient way to get your issues resolved.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Hi Mike, I am not following you. What new system? this OXsystem you spoke about above to DeeDee?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

For a couple of months we have been converting customers to a new system. Here's the announcement with FAQ's. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

ok, so as I just commented on DeeDee's...sorry about that, but my question was that I am finding even though I have outlook open all day and night 24/7 when I log into the web-base log in for emails/calendar, etc it is racking up the memory usage and was in the yellow zone....will this ever stop and will it interfere with the outlook getting and sending emails and invites, etc? the contacts never populated properly....what am I doing wrong?
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Still randomly timing out:
Your session has expired. Please log in again. (Error-ID: 792575968-854464)

Different code each time. Two accounts open at the same time, one times out, the other doesn't. Sometimes both time out but at different lengths of time. Sometimes they go all day without this error message.

And I also am getting bounce messages that the recipient's email provider does not like homestead.....
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, there is not enough detail in this post to investigate. Can you fill out the form here for each instance if they are producing different errors?

As far as the web client timing out. Your best option is to configure an email program such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

Mike
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Mike, there is nothing more to tell you. All day yesterday I maybe only got a couple of those messages, probably during busy server times. They've been happening all morning today, sometimes while I am in the midst of replying to an email that was just received. Every time it is a different code. A recent one was : ((Error-ID: 1515602639-4142555). It's not our job to know what your codes mean. Now my entire deedeeking@genealogyfinder.com email is blank. Every folder I click on says "empty" although the inbox shows 500+ messages. Nothing is in any of the folders. This happened while I was reading email after coming back into the office. I sent an email, tried to delete one and suddenly all folders were empty. That's when this error message came up. This account was already "upgraded", not one waiting to be.

I've tried several times to sign back in but can't. Another account is open in a different window and it has not timed out but maybe twice all day. It's working fine now. The other one is still stuck. This is not my browser as an issue. The browser does not randomly choose to screw up one email and let the other work fine when they are both in use at the same time.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Unfortunately the new system will not allow you to be singed into two accounts at the same time. If you log into just one at a time do you still have the problem?

If you find it necessary to be in both accounts at the same time the best thing to do is configure an desktop client such as Outlook or Thunderbird so that the accounts can easily be viewed and kept open all day.

Mike
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Mike, I found with having my outlook open is fine, but it is still sending emails to the web version, so when I login, cause I need to get an email address they never populated when imported, how do I stop the emails from racking up the memory of the web based emails/calendar, etc? Will this stop the outlook from getting emails?
Photo of Sandra7587

Sandra7587

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
hi mike....I only have one email account, so this obviously is an IT problem that is not going away for any of us,as I think the numbers of complaints are mounting and we shouldnt have to address individual cases, this is not a unique situation, so I think until there is a fix, I TOO am getting the "timed out" after logging on for one minute....
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The system will not allow you to log into multiple accounts at the same time, but, there is indeed an issue with the short time-outs, which is randomly affecting some people. This issue has already been escalated, but I don't have an ETA on it's fix at this time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Twiggy, it sounds like you have your Outlook configured as IMAP. If you do, then what you are describing is normal. If you delete them from outlook, they'll delete from the server also (as long as it's IMAP).

Mike
Photo of Debra6686

Debra6686

I just don’t understand why homestead can’t be honest with all of us and tell us what is going on with our email services. I was told 6 months ago before the BIG email change took place to find another email provider. That seems to be the way out.....just tell us all to leave.
Well we all have websites and it’s not that easy to just pack up and leave. If it is please let me know how??
I have had issues it seems like forever.....been told it’s my computer, or its internet explorer or not compatible....really? Why is the fault always pointed at someone or something else? Yes many of us are unhappy as our business are being hurt because our email service doesn’t work properly.
I still get emails rejected and sent back to me.....I still have people call me and ask me why I haven’t replied to them!
Some days it takes me 10X before I can even log into my email. Some days my emails won’t send out.
If the load was just put on 3 people to fix this issue maybe you should be getting some other input from somewhere else to get this all resolved.....maybe pay someone to come in and fix the email services, it’s got to be better than losing paying clients.
Very frustrating.....I have been with homestead for 10-11 years.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

You know what Deb....once my credit runs out I will be looking for another provider that is interested in not only getting new business but values the loyalty of others as well. I TOTALLY agree with you....I have been told 4 different things but staff....I wonder if the press is interested in what we have been through and have to say about it.....think we will be heard then?? Nah, they would only blame the press so it would only give them one more escape from reality!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Debra6686, I'm sorry for the issues you've been having. We've tried very hard to communicate the changes that we are going through. This Announcement explains most of the changes and gives everyone an avenue for learning more or posting questions. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

If you are still having some specific problem, let us know what it is.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Deb, Twiggy, I so agree....
Photo of Debra6686

Debra6686

Today I opened up my email and all emails that I have had in my account and all inbox emails are all BLANK?? EVERYTHING BLANK!!!
I need this information....
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: EVERYTHING BLANK!!!
Photo of Debra6686

Debra6686

So where do we go if we are having problems and our emails are not getting fixed? Cant call no one! Cant email anyone? My email session has expired or timed out several times today.
Error message after error message while sending out emails.
Its getting worse!!

Your session has expired. Please log in again. (Error-ID: -377516341-25562)
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Mike, you have a unique perspective on this if you think any of these discussions about this monumental mess is a great discussion. :-) I don't think any of your customers are happy to be having any of these conversations over the last several months.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Are you kidding me!?!? I just clicked the link provided above and there is NO discussion, NO RESPONSE from Homestead, and this message, "This topic is not open for comments or replies."
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

there's a link on that page which directs you to this page; https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Sorry for the confusion.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Oh great, now I get a little black with red order saying my service is temporarily unavailable. Opening an email is not available. Opening a folder is not available. I can't believe we are paying for this!
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Closed the window, changed browsers, tried to sign back in. Get this message:
History of error messages
1. 01-21-2014 09:38 PM GMT
Error: Error: 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable

Date: Tue Jan 21 2014 15:38:42 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Host: https://emailmg.homestead.com/ox6/ox....
Version: 6.22.0 Rev6 (UI), - (Server)
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

Module: mail, View: mail/list/unthreaded, Folder: default0/INBOX, Default folders: contacts=49calendar=48tasks=50eas=true, Landing page: mail, Tree: New, Expert: No, Language: en_US

Loaded modules: calendar, com.openexchange.eas.provisioning.ui, com.openexchange.extras, com.openexchange.group, com.openexchange.mobile.configuration.gui, com.openexchange.oxupdater, com.openexchange.publish, com.openexchange.resource, com.openexchange.secret.recovery, com.openexchange.subscribe, com.openexchange.upsell.multiple.gui, com.openexchange.user.passwordchange, com.openexchange.user.personaldata, com.openexchange.usm, com.openexchange.usm.eas, com.openexchange.usm.json, com.openexchange.wizard, contacts, folder, infostore, interfaces, mail, mailaccount, messaging, olox20, portal, tasks, themes, uwaWidgets
Photo of Kinnikinnick

Kinnikinnick

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
BTW, I am getting the exact same thing and I have a company to run! They should pay me for the amount of money I am going to lose. Instead they will just pass me off to some manager that couldn't care less about any of us.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

Yeah, I've been waiting for a month for that second tier manager who told me on the phone he would personally look at my issue and call me back that day.
Photo of Kinnikinnick

Kinnikinnick

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Good luck calling them... won't get you anywhere!

Make an email service that looks and works like the big guys.... they are successful for a reason!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.