How do i transfer my domain to godaddy?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi- I really need help doing this, as I'm planning on upping the traffic and my current homestead account cannot keep up with the necessary speed that I'm looking for. Thanks!
Photo of Dan8690

Dan8690

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Julia3390

Julia3390

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
GoDaddy is your best bet to get that information.

Are you sure THEY are better than Homestead?

I know it's not hard to buy a little more bandwidth for a very reasonable price from Homestead.

just sayin...I tried GoDaddy and if you think HS is frustrating.......
Photo of Dan8690

Dan8690

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Julia-
No- I agree that HS is great to use. However- wordpress suits my needs better. THanks
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dan -

GoDaddy will walk you through the steps you need to do on their end, but on our end, you just need to make sure your domain is unlocked, privacy removed, and you have the authorization code. All of those things can be found in the Domains section when you're logged in.

Thanks,
Aubrey
Photo of Loretta9186

Loretta9186

• 60 Points
Hi,
I also am moving to GoDaddy for WordPress. I have done the steps above but my transfer just keeps saying "Pending Approval". How long might getting an approval take? I have done this with other hosts in the past and it is usually instantaneous. If you could let me know, I would appreciate it.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Loretta9186,

A domain transfer generally takes about 5 business days (automated process).

One thing to check is to make sure the domain you're transferring is at least 60 days old. icaan.org has a policy in place (that goes for all domain registrars) stating that a domain name cannot be moved until after 60days.

I would suggest contacting GoDaddy to see if they can give you an update on where you are in the domain transfer process. If they say there is an issue on our end, by all means let me know and I'm happy to look into it further.

I'm not entirely sure, but pending approval might mean it's awaiting your final approval. When transferring a domain name, you'll need to provide or enter your authorization code (unique to each domain) to approve the transfer, otherwise it will just time out and have to be restarted.

Hope this info helps, thanks!

Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.