How do I show a full list of brands in my store?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

By default with BigCommerce, your brands appear in a list within the left column of the storefront, but it is limited to your 9 most populated brands. You can modify this by editing the the template file(s) to call the full list of brands panel rather than the popular brands panel.

1.) Login to your store's control panel.    

2.) Click on Design.

designlinky.png

3.) Click on the Browse Template Files button.

browsetemplatebutton.png

4.) Now you will be seeing the code for the categories panel in a pop up window (as shown below).

2012-01-18_1443.png

5.) Add the word Full to the variable %%Panel.SideShopByBrand%% as you see below.

2012-01-18_1444.png

6.) Once you have inserted the code as shown above, then Save.

2012-01-18_1444_001.png

Now, you should display the full list of the brands in your store.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,238 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of S

S

• 6,620 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello!

Is there a limit on the number of Brands than can be created in BigCommerce? I was able to add more Brands today, but have not been able to update them (do a 'Page Title' 'Meta Description' or add a photo)? I've tried a couple times - the new brands added are showing in the store (view brands pages) but without images etc (I even pulled up a Brand that already exists with image etc and the 'edit' page showed nothing there - so I just canceled.

Thank you!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,428 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can you confirm that you successfully made the change above to the html code?

How many brands do you have and I will do some research to find if there's any limit?

Mike
Photo of S

S

• 6,620 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Mike -

No, I did not make html change (don't want them showing on home page - just linking back to Brands Page is fine).

This morning I was able to edit current brand profiles - and the one I could not add or edit - I simply removed and tried again - viola!

Hoped to post my finding before you responded :) - good for now!

Thank you
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,428 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the follow up! Glad you have it working.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.