How do I setup my email account to sync to my iPhone?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How do I set up mobile email to my phone from my Homestead email account?
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,896 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,896 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi,

Here are instructions set up email on your iPhone. You can also use these steps if you're setting up email on an iPad.

Important: IMAP accounts are the recommended option for customers that want to check email from multiple sources (home computer, work computer, mobile phone).

1. On the iPhone or iPad home screen, touch the Settings icon.

2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

3. Touch Add Account.

4. Touch Other.

5. Select Add Mail Account.

6. Enter your personal information. Then, touch Next.

• Name: Enter your name. For example, John Doe.

• Email: Enter your full email address.

• Password: Enter the password created when you set up the email.

• Description: Enter a description. For example, My Domain Email.

• Select IMAP.

• Enter the following information:

• Incoming Mail Server
    • Hostname: mail.homesteadmail.com

• User Name: Enter your full email address.

Outgoing Mail Server
    • Hostname: smtp.homesteadmail.com

• User Name: Enter your full email address.

• Touch Next.
  • If you don't get a server error, you are finished configuring your iPhone to send and receive email.

• Troubleshooting

If you get the error message Cannot Connect Using SSL, touch Yes.

Then, if you see a second error message, Secure Connection Failed, touch Continue.

If prompted, your Incoming Server Port number is 143, and the Outgoing Server Port number is 587.

If you receive a warning that the server could not be verified, touch Continue and then disable SSL as follows:

• Go back into Settings and touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

• Select your new account, then scroll to the bottom and click Advanced.
    • Make sure that "use SSL" is not selected.

Hope that helps!

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.
    Photo of Susan0740

Susan0740

• 60 Points
    Will this allow me to see my calendar also?
    Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
    Hi Susan,

This process only syncs the email portion of your zimbra account to your iPhone. Because it uses POP or IMAP, it doesn't have calendar or active directory features.

Thanks,

Chris
    Photo of Jeff8340

Jeff8340

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    Chris, when is calendar syncing going to be available?
    Photo of Steve2745

Steve2745

• 60 Points
    Setting up the account on my iPad as no problem. But when sending I get the error that the message is rejected by the server.... I use AT&T on iPad 3. Any ideas. My android works fine incoming/outgoing email...... Could it be AT&T ?
    Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
    Hi Steve,

Sorry for the frustration. When doing some research around this issue, I found a forum with a possible solution.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/...

Try going into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > select the account > account name , tap on SMTP (under the 'Outgoing Mail Server' heading) and then tap on your Primary Server and try entering your email account and password and see if it then works
    Photo of Domenic7260

Domenic7260

This last step worked for me! It was a necessary element to make it happen. Thank you!
    This last step worked for me too! Thanks!
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
    Great!  Thanks
    Photo of o0lachy0o7900

o0lachy0o7900

• 62 Points
    Hi there,

A couple of my users have an iPhone and iPad and have asked about how to set up IMAP accounts on their devices.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
    how to set up my hmail on an iphone.
    Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
    Hi o0lachy0o7900,

You can use the same instructions above for the iPad setup as well.

*select IMAP during the setup process

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan
    Photo of Richard9908

Richard9908

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
    should have said ipad mini

how do i set up my homestead email account on my ipad mini?.
    Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
    Hi Richard -

Setting up hmail on your iPad mini should be very similar to setting up email on your iPhone. Please follow the steps above and let us know if you run into any trouble.

Take care,
    aubrey
    how do i access my new hmail account on my mobile device?.
    Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi bicklecontracting6461,

Welcome!

If you don't have an iPhone, use the same information above but with your specific phone email setup.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan
    Okay, I am making progress, thanks. I've been able to add my new email account to my android phone and my to my iPad. Though, I am not able to send messages from my phone yet. I've been over this several times, but can't seem to figure out the problem...... Any suggestions?
    Photo of Dain6340

Dain6340

• 62 Points
    I have been trying to set up homestead email up on my galaxy 3 and i am not sure of all the server settings does anyone know what i need to set it up

setting up homestead on my galaxy 3.
    Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Dain6340,

You can ignore the screenshots above because they are for iPhone, but the settings (server names etc) will be the same for your device.

If your device has an email setup wizard, I'd suggest using that and using the information above to set your email up.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Ehsan
    Photo of Alys7386

Alys7386

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
    I too am having issues with the Galaxy 3. All the incoming and outgoing settings are correct, but NO ONE in my addresses/contacts can receive or send me emails to my phone. I do get them on my computer, but no one gets the ones I send from my phone, and I do not receive emails on my phone. Completely frustrated.
    Photo of Catherine8107

Catherine8107

• 60 Points
    This was the BEST instructions and SOOOOOO easy to follow - THANKS a BUNCH!!!!
    Photo of Lynne9443

Lynne9443

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    The instructions are clear but it did not work on my iPhone with the latest iOS. I could connect prior to updating my phone. But now it does not work. Is there an update to this?
    Photo of adrian5278

adrian5278

I have turned the SSL settings off and copied all of the settings as they are in my Outlook on my laptop, which works just fine. But on my iPad it will receive mail but will not send! I have also tried removing the account completely and installing it from fresh but it is still not working...this is for business and is very frustrating!

I'm having problems getting outgoing mail to work on my iPad. Can anyone troubleshoot the outgoing server setup?.
    Photo of William9501

William9501

• 62 Points
    How do Iset up IPhone to receive Homestead based
    email ?

how do I set up my new I phone to get homestead email ?.
    Photo of steven9410

steven9410

• 62 Points
    Email is set up on Iphone properly, at one time, I was receiving email just fine, but have problems with sending.. It gives me no error, says sent from my Iphone, but the recipients never receive the email. NOW, not only is that still not working, but sending is an issue again.

Please advise as this affects my daily business operation drastically!

Thanks

Email Problems --- Very Frustrated.
    Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi steven9410,

Please verify that your email is setup on your iPhone according to the instructions above. If it all looks right but still isn't working, I'd suggest deleting it from your phone and re-adding the email account.

If it continues to not work, please reply with any error messages you receive or provide a little more detail about what happens when you try to send/receive mail (stays in outbox for example).

Thanks,
    Ehsan
    Photo of Leslee5222

Leslee5222

• 792 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
    When I try to send email from my Ipad it says "A copy has been placed in your outbox. The recipient was rejected by the server." I copied my settings from my outlook and Apple customer service said I needed to contact Homestead to find out what settings to use and/or where to point the outgoing server for a mobile device.

Please help!

I already tried deleting the accounts and re-adding them and it didn't make a difference.

Can't send email from Ipad.
    Photo of Heather6091

Heather6091

• 62 Points
    How do I receive homestead emails to my iphone?.
    Photo of Samuel2536

Samuel2536

Simple, well documented and easy to follow instructions! Fantastic job! Thank you.
    Photo of Wendi0646

Wendi0646

• 62 Points
    I am trying to set up email access to my Zimbra email on my I-Phone 4s. I asked the person at the Apple store how to do it, but he couldn't find the information my phone is asking for: "Incoming Mail Server" Host name?
    and "Outgoing Mail Server" Host name?

How do I set up my Zimbra email on my I-phone? I need ingoing and outgoing server info..
    Photo of Maggy6547

Maggy6547

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
    ANSWER!!!
    For the mobile/iPad issue, even though it says 'Optional' for the username/pw on outgoing server, put them in there and set the authentication option to Password. I did it to see what happened and everything in my outbox was sent. I also turned off SSL, though I don't know if that made any difference.
    This should solve the problems!!!
    Photo of dis10209425

dis10209425

• 70 Points
    It says the ID and PW do not match. When I contacted Homestead Support they do not show that my email is setup through Homestead. I don't understand because I created my site through Google/Intuit and setup the email account through Google; however, there is no Google Support number to call for help. Can someone please get me a support number for Google?
    Photo of Samuel2536

Samuel2536

Google Contact webpage
    Photo of Samuel2536

Samuel2536

Google Contact webpage

http://www.google DOT com/contact
    Photo of dis10209425

dis10209425

• 70 Points
    Thank you. I have decided instead to do all of my website hosting and emailing through godaddy.com because they have 24/7 support.
    Photo of Philip0898

Philip0898

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    Email will not work on IPhone.

My website email will not send from my IPhone.
    Photo of paula6196

paula6196

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    What am i doing wrong? I am following instructions as it appears on here on my iPhone, but it keeps telling me my username and password is not correct? I know it is........... ????
    Photo of Jeremy3197

Jeremy3197

I have seriously found the right answer to sync outlook with iPhone!!!! I use to have an Android but could never sync my email, making me look a little less than profession while on the road and trying to set up meetings. Friends insisted it was possible to sync Outlook with iPhone, but never told me how. So, I spent an entire day trying to figure it out. I finally found the solution!!!

Go to CodeTwo, buy their product that syncs with iCloud, it is an Outlook plug in. It is $20. It is simple to use...I mean hey, if I can do it...you can do it.

I hope that helps!!!
    -Jeremy
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
    Nice, thanks for sharing. I have never used it, but Google Apps also has an Outlook sync as part of their paid apps account.

Drew
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
    This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Can I sync Outlook with an iPhone?
    Photo of Julie5756

Julie5756

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

double check the configuration according to the steps above. On apple products, the most common mistake is not getting the SSL setting turned off.
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
    IMPORTANT

Before proceeding, you'll need to check and see if your account was converted to our new email platform (Open-Xchange), as the configurations are slightly different.

Click here to see how.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.