Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
If you haven't already, sign up for a FedEx account by going here.
1. Go to the FedEx Developer Resource Center's Solution Finder and click on FedEx Web Services (located under Home on the left-hand side).
2. Click the Move to Production link.
3. Click on the Get Production Key that appears under the production menu.
4. On the following page, you will see a license
agreement. Check the boxes indicating that you have read and agree to
the terms of service, then click I Accept.
5. Fill out the application profile on the following screen. Choose:
- Do you intend to resell your software: No
- FedEx web services you intend to use: Check FedEx Web Services for Shipping
- Are you a corporate developer or a consultant: Choose Corporate Developer
Click Continue when you are done.
1. You will be brought to another license agreement. Read the terms and conditions and click I accept when you are finished.
2. Now you will need to fill out your contact
information. Please note that you cannot have any special characters
within the address fields. Watch out for ".", "#", or other non-number
or non-letter characters as it may cause a failure. Click Continue when you are done.
3. If you wish to update your developer account with the information, check the box on the next screen, and click the Continue button.
4. You will now see your Access confirmation. IT IS CRITICAL that you write down AND print this page, as this is where you get the Authentication Key.
5. In the email associated with your FedEx account,
you should now have received an email from FedEx.com Online Services
with the subject line, "Your developer Production Key Registration is
complete". It contains your Production Password, FedEx Account Number,
and Production Meter Number. YOU MUST USE THIS NEW PRODUCTION PASSWORD as your password in the following step, not the one you created to access the FedEx account.
Adding the FedEx Shipping Method in Bigcommerce
After following the steps above, you should have the following data:
- Authentication Key (from Step 9 above)
- Production Password (from FedEx.com Online Services email)
- FedEx Account Number (from FedEx.com Online Services email)
- Production Meter Number (from Step 9 above or FedEx.com Online Services email)
1. Log in to your store's control panel in Bigcommerce.
2. Go to Setup & Tools › Shipping.
3. Click Edit or Set up shipping charges beside the zone for which you wish to setup FedEx.
4. Turn on the toggle switch beside FedEx.
5. Under the Settings tab in the pop-up, enter your Display name (e.g. "FedEx").
6. Under the Connection tab, enter the Key, Password, Account Number, and Meter Number. Then enable the FedEx services you will offer.
FedEx Ground is for commercial addresses, whereas FedEx Ground Home is for residential addresses.
7. Select your drop-off, packaging, rate, and destination type. Change Test Mode to Production.
For Rate, choose Account if you have a FedEx negotiated rate that you
want to pass on to your customer. Otherwise, choose List account to
charge regular FedEx prices.
8. Save when finished.
9. Click Save when finished. You have now successfully set up FedEx in your store! You can test FedEx by either clicking on the Get Quote link in your shipping settings, or testing it through the front end of your store.
There are no replies.