Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
This feature is currently only available for physical products.Setting up a product to be available for pre-order is a great way to let customers order a product that's out of stock, but will be available shortly. It can drive sales for much-anticipated product that's going to be released soon. Follow the steps below to set individual objects up for pre-order.
Set a product to pre-order status 1. Go to Products › View Products.
2. Click on the name of your product to go to the Edit a Product screen.
3. Scroll down to the Availability section.
4. Select This product is coming soon but I want to take pre-orders.
5. If you want to change the message that will display on the product page, you can do so underMessage. The placeholder %%DATE%% will stand in for the release date entered below.
6. Set the release date, which will display in the pre-order message on the product page. Check theRemove pre-order status on this date box if you want to allow regular orders on this date.
7. Save when finished. Your pre-order message will now display on your store.
8. Your product will now show in the View Products menu with (Pre-Order) next to its name.
Limit pre-orders based on expected inventory You can limit the number of pre-orders by setting inventory, or allow an unlimited number of pre-orders by not tracking inventory.
1. From the Edit a Product screen, go to the Inventory tab.
2. To limit the number of pre-orders, select Track inventory for this product. Set the stock level in the fields below.
If you track inventory, and this level hits 0, customers will no longer be able to purchase the product.
3. To allow an unlimited number of pre-orders, keep the setting at Do not track inventory for this product.
There are no replies.