How do I set up email in Outlook 2013 (using OpenXchange)

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Outlook is unable to connect with the homestead server when trying to set up my homestead email accounts. How do I remedy this?
Photo of Darwin4625

Darwin4625

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Which server is causing the problem? Incoming or outgoing?

Drew
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

• 444 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem. Instructions given only go to Outlook 2010. Hard to tell which server is causing the problem because both give an error.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Donald7149, What is the actual server error? They will likely be different.
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

I have a complete page by page blow on everything I've done. All I need is an e-mail address to send either a Word document or PDF file.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

All I need is just the actual error. If you are welcome to post it here. (or any other info you feel is relevant)

Mike
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 bosauthsmtp19: Host 75.131.116.186: No unauthenticated relaying permitted
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

That means it can't authenticate, meaning, there is a mistake in one or several of the following. username/email address, server name, and/or password. Double check all of the settings and it should work. Also, make sure SSL is turned off.
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

This is the reason I wanted to send someone at Homestead a copy of every single step I took. But no, they figure they could find the answer by looking at an error code. This is like finding a burned down house and saying that it was started by lightning.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Donald7149, if you have screenshots and details post them here. The fastest way to help you is for you to use an official support channel, which email is not. Please use telephone support, Live Chat or the Community. If you email us information it is not monitored the same way as it is here on the Community. Also, there are multiple people that work on and monitor the Community so if you can't call in, this is the quickest way to get help.

If you have screenshots of your settings post them here and we'll help you troubleshoot this.

Mike
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

As I figured, this section of HELP will not allow posting of a PDF document, nor will it show the screen shots I captured in Word format. I don't know why submitting screenshots was suggested, when I believe that Mike knew I wouldn't be able to post them here.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

A word doc, or pdf file are not image files. If you upload the image in it's original format ie .jpg . jpeg .png. .gif it will work. Don't paste the image into word or pdf.
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but I am using Windows 8.1.
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

Pasting .jpg files won't go here either.
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

Looks like the imap doesn't work, but POP3 does. So I'll go this route.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Donald7149, you can't actually paste the image, you'll have to go to the bottom of the page to a new Reply box and click the little icon on the lower corner of the window and actually upload the file from your computer.
Photo of Theresa2761

Theresa2761

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I too am having difficulty setting up email through outlook 2013. Thought I had it with a supervisors help and now I can't even open my outlook folder. This after 2 1/2 hours on-line chatting. I have now been on hold for 30 minutes to talk to someone.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you tell us where exactly you are stuck, or if you are getting any error messages?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
Outlook 2013 is almost identical to Outlook 2010 except one difference with regard to how Outlook handles some internal files. We've created two help topics depending for both IMAP and POP3 configurations.

For POP click here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

For IMAP click here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.