How do I set a caption for a photograph in the photo gallery element?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

tried to caption my photos- one page took the captions, the other page still shows image 1 of 1.
need to have the captions under the pictures in photogallery when the pix expland
Photo of jess

jess

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello Jess,

I'll be happy to help you out with this. There is a way to add a caption to every photo. Just follow the steps below.

1. Log into SiteBuilder and open the page containing the photo gallery.
2. Clicking on the photo gallery element will cause the photo gallery editing functions to appear in the properties editor on the right hand side of the screen.
3. Click the image name from the image list for which you want to add the caption.
4. Add the caption in the box directly below the image list.

Thanks!
Mike
Photo of cindy9298

cindy9298

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
See above for adding text to images.  Also, this page discusses the image sizing. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_change_the_size_of_the_photo_gallery_imag...

Photo of kerry8367

kerry8367

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled html needed for a thumbnail to text click on.

I have 6 thumbnails photos on a website Im building. There is a blank space above them that is as wide as all the thumbnails together. Id like to use that space to display a paragraph description of each particular thumbnail you click on, one at a time.  So the "text area" is going to change as you click on different thumbs. Any suggestions? Ive seen this on several websites. I just dont have a script or knowledge to create it..was also thinking if i could just make identical pages and anchor the thumb to the text on a second page...can you anchor from one page to another?
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
kerry8367,

Please see the Official Reply above about adding a caption to the images. This will give that description you are talking about. 
Photo of Rich2275

Rich2275

• 60 Points
This is incorrect now. Need new way of doing this. New imaging does not allow for photo captioning this way.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,674 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This is still correct for Sitebuilder. Please make sure you are using the photo gallery element and not a single image

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.