How do I see what the new Product Options actually mean?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

On BigCommerce, our product attributes seem to have been converted to Product Options. In the product creation screens, I've looked at Options and Option Sets, but I cannot find where an Option actually says what it means: Red, Sold in Cases of 12, Large. The names are opaque like Choose 464 or else the Option sets seem to correspond 1-to-1 with our products, but I still can't see the detail except when I'm looking at the product as a customer.
Photo of Stephanie9754

Stephanie9754

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can you give me a specific product that has this problem so I can take a look.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Stephanie9754

Stephanie9754

Here is the list of product options that appeared when we were transferred to Bigcommerce. We sell almost everything in colors and sizes and it appears that an option was created for every product that had choices or attributes in the old website. Is that correct?
https://store-ay15ft.mybigcommerce.co...

I also have a question on payment terms. We currently have a payment option available at checkout that allows existing customers with payment terms to enter a purchase order number at check out so they do not have to pay with a credit card each time. How can I make that available on Bigcommerce?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes, as that is how you had the attributes set up. Each product that had attributes had them recreated in the new store. If you have many products that have the same options and pricing for those options, you can assign an option set that has those qualites to all the appropriate products and then delete the extra options and sets. I see this will make for a big job for you, but over time it may make management easier.

I am looking to see how to best configure for POs.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Stephanie9754

Stephanie9754

Hi Drew,

For POs, we have elected to use the Pay by Check option and just rename it to Purchase Order. It seems to work okay.

For Options, we have figured out that Options themselves have multiple choices that are visible after clicking the "Next" button. But they don't do anything unless the SKU and Rules are set up correctly on a per-product basis. We're working through these to validate that the options are putting up the correct price per unit and price per case.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.