How do I rename my website pages?

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
I used the default pages that were setup when I started my design, but all the page names are wrong. How can I rename them to reflect the correct page?
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 39,976 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Renee1967

Renee1967

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled change page name to link name.

When editing site page name does not match the page name it is linked to and I want to change that. So, for instance, when editing, under "View Page" state untitled 4, but the link name is Budget Bedroom. When I go to Links there is nowhere to fix this.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,858 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You can rename the pages as shown in the article above.
Photo of Nancy8619

Nancy8619

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled in site builder plus how do I change a page name.

The directions I find in Help don't work for Stiebuilder Plus which I must use on my Mac. How do I rename a page within my website?
Photo of deborah3753

deborah3753

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled changed title of existing page.

I want to have 2 pages of photos and am trying to change the title of an existing page to do that.  I successfully changed the title in the Navigation Bar, but the old title still shows up in the View Page window.  How to change this?  Also, can I have 2 pages with the same title or they need to be different?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I rename a page?.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I must rename a website page that is published.

My goal is to replace the published home.index page. I have designed a new page that I want to display instead. My site consists of only one page..
Photo of bob8142

bob8142

• 976 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can a URL be changed for a page?.

How can na URL be changed for a page?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,238 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If it is part of the navigation, you will have to update the link too.
Photo of bob8142

bob8142

Where is the navigation?  What link needs updating? 
Photo of bob8142

bob8142

Ok.  I see the link where you explain it..
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 56,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bob8142: To install the new page as your home page, select the page > Page Settings > Page Name > enter "index.html" > save. Remove the page name from your previous page.
Next, you can add the new home page to your site navigation menu by selecting the menu > Use the Site Navigation Menu Settings > Links > + to add the page > follow the instructions in the command box to locate your new home page > select the page from your files > OK. Now, you can scroll to the bottom and edit the page title. Since you have only one page, it should now be the only page on the menu and it should appear with the page title you've chosen and it will respond as the home page. 
Photo of Meg7292

Meg7292

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I change a name in the View Page drop down menu?.

I want to rename something on my drop-down list under View Page.
Photo of Luree2169

Luree2169

• 52 Points
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I change a page to index?.

I have an event coming up and want to make the event page the index page of my website until the event is over. How do I change it?
Photo of Drew N

If you are going to go back to the current index, then rename index something else, then rename the page you want to index. You may need to update some links as well.
Photo of Jo-Ann8306

Jo-Ann8306

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled website manager "view Page" menu.

I changed a page name, navigation menu correct but the "View Page" menu still has old name
Photo of Jo-Ann8306

Jo-Ann8306

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have successfully changed the page name, but the "view page" menu still has the old name and I see no way to change it.
Photo of Drew N

What are the 2 names? We'll take a look.
I am having a similar issue. I have renamed the tab. It show correct in the url but not on the upper tab. See pic. How do I change that?
Photo of Drew N

This is a slightly different question than this topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: How do I change the page title?
Photo of Michael5995

Michael5995

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

This didn't work for me with the old site builder.

Photo of Drew N

Michael, these instructions should still be good. Which page do you wish to copy and what do you want to call it? What happened when you tried?
Photo of Michael5995

Michael5995

I wasn't trying to copy a page, I wanted to change the name of the page. The page I wanted to rename is Membership Application, I was going to name it Presidents Reports. When I clicked on the down arrow after the page name at the top I got a menu of many options, none of which were "Save As"

I just added a new page.

Photo of Drew N

The arrow you click to rename the page is on the right side of the Save button and Save as will be the only option there.
Photo of Michael5995

Michael5995

Now I see it. The SAVE is way over to the right and not in the Page button. Will have to try sometime.

Photo of Karen8721

Karen8721

• 70 Points
I have all my pages uniquely named through the website manager.  However, if you are viewing my website as a customers, every single page comes up with s http://www.innerspacesbykaren.com/ in the ip address bar.  i.e. I want to send a client to specifically to my yoga therapy page innerspacesbykaren_YogaTherapy, I can't because it defaults to the home page every time.
Photo of Drew N

If you link them to the domain name only the visitor will be taken to the Home(index) page. If you want them to go to a specific page, then you need to send a link with the page name included.

You can also save the desired page as the home page, and make the home page some other page if you like.
Photo of Karen8721

Karen8721

• 70 Points
It was not that simple.  Someone from Homestead knew the codes and had me go through GoDaddy and manually change settings.
Photo of paul1335

paul1335

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem but not using site builder, title still shows as the original name even though I have changed page names ?
Photo of Drew N

This is a Websitebuilder question, posted in a Sitebuilder Plus topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: How do I change page title in Websitebuilder?
Photo of Angelika7158

Angelika7158

Hi, 

I renamed my page and it is saved under files now (osteopathybenefitsforyourbaby). 

I deleted the old page. 

I went to the site navigation menu settings and linked the page name Baby with osteopathybenefitsforyourbaby.

After publishing the page it doesn't open but says error. 

What do I do now? 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

HOW TO ADD A PAGE TO YOUR MENU:
You are using SB+? 
Open the page you're wanting to add > select the menu > you'll find the Site Navigation Menu Settings on the right side of your screen > Select Links > Select + > Select the file you're wanting to add using Browse > Save your selection > Scroll the the bottom of the Settings menu and name your page and Save.
Photo of Drew N

It was linked right, but the page wasn't published. It looks like you are trying to exceed your 15 page limit. You have 15 Sitebuilder pages plus siteerror404(doesn't count), but you also have a Google generated HTML page. Any HTML or HTM page counts towards the limit. You can remove a page or upgrade another 10 pages.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled copy page.

copy a page to make a new page
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You can select "Add a New Page". This produces a blank page for you to build on.