Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
Altering template files can potentially damage your site. Always back up your template files before making changes.
In BigCommerce, you have the ability to change nearly everything about your template files, including the placement of your side panels on your store. To remove a side panel, such as the Top Sellers list, you simply need to delete it from the template file.
1. In the Bigcommerce control panel, go to Setup & Tools › Design.
2. Click on Edit HTML/CSS.
3. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, locate and click on the page containing the panel you want to delete.
Side panels are typically located in the following template files:
- default.html for the homepage
- category.html for category pages
- product.html for product pages
- page.html for a webpages created in Web Content
- brand.html for brand pages
Use Ctrl F or Command F to quickly locate template files in the list.
4. In the code to the right, Find the reference to the panel. You can either delete it or comment it out.
Commenting out code will deactivate the code while keeping it there for later reference. In HTML, simply add to the left. You can also place notes within these comments.
5. Save your changes and double-check your work. You can always revert if necessary/
There are no replies.