How do I redesign my site with existing site content?

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I am looking to redesign my site with a new Homestead template, using my existing site content (text and, where possible, photos).

Any idea how I could accomplish this?

Is there an option within my existing pages? Or do I need to create a new site (which apparently would lose my content)?
Photo of Walter1145

Walter1145

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, at this time, you will have to create a new site to change the template. You can copy and paste the text from one site to the other. The easiest way is to copy content to notepad or similar program and then to the new site. You will need to do some reformatting and pictures need to be uploaded again.

I will change the question to an idea for the developers to consider.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Joyce A. Crider

Joyce A. Crider

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This takes hours
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
A redesign can indeed take much time.
Photo of Debbie3105

Debbie3105

• 60 Points
A less labour intensive method would certainly be appreciated (such as the ability to export the entire file manager) so it could be cherry picked for content on the rebuild.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Debbie3105 ,  If you open the live page in Internet Explorer,then on the top menu click File > Save As  > Web Page Complete.   it will save the contents of each page in a folder on your computer where you can cherry pick the files.  Just repeat for each page. 

Mike 
Photo of Cheryl9735

Cheryl9735

• 60 Points
thank you!
Photo of Elisa9404

Elisa9404

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any updates on an easier solution? It's been a year since this idea was posed...just wondering...
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately we do not have an easier solution for this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.