Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
For a full list of panels, go to Design › More › Template Files and expand the Panels folder. You can also create custom panels.
Panels have been designed for specific themes, so not all panels will function in all themes. Proceed carefully when adding panels not native to a theme, and revert if necessary.
Recovering a deleted panel To recover a deleted panel, you will need to find the name of the deleted panel using the steps below, then add it back to the page.
1. Go to Design.
2. Click on the More tab, then choose Template Files from the drop-down.
3. Locate the page that has the deleted panel. For example, if the deleted panel was on the homepage, you will need to locate default.html. In some cases, it may have been deleted from a panel or snippet, which can be found in the Panels or Snippets folders. Once you have found the page, click on the Action wheel, then select Compare.
4. You will see two sets of code. The left side is the standard pre-customization content of the page you selected. The right side shows your current code. Compare the two to determine which panel on the left was deleted.
5. Keep this page up for reference while following the steps below to add the panel back in.
Adding a panel 1. In the Bigcommerce control panel, go to Setup & Tools › Design.
2. Click on Edit HTML/CSS.
3. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, locate the page or panel you are going to add the panel to.
Use Ctrl F or Command F to quickly locate template files in the list.
4. Find where on the page you wish to add the panel, and add the following code: %%Panel.[NameOfPanel]%%, where [NameOfPanel] is the panel's name without the .html extension.
5. Save your changes.
There are no replies.