How do I get access to SiteBuilder Plus?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

What do I need to do is order to get access to this site builder plus application? Can I access it using a Mac?
Thanks,
Curtis..
Photo of Curtis6282

Curtis6282

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Curtis6282,

Welcome to the Community!

I've updated your account to allow you to use the sitebuilder plus program. The next time you login, click on Websites Manager on the left and select the down arrow next to Edit Site. Here you will see the option to edit with the plus program which is compatible with mac.

Hope that helps,

Chris
Photo of Curtis6282

Curtis6282

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Chris. This works great.
Photo of Patricia9638

Patricia9638

• 60 Points
how do I download plus for my mac?
Photo of Todd4736

Todd4736

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issue.
Photo of Israel4371

Israel4371

• 60 Points
Hello,
I need to upgrade a Website so I am trying to download the SiteBuilder Plus for mac; however, I am not able to. The Chat Live option is not currently accesible so can someone help me please.
Thank you
Photo of Terry Matlen

Terry Matlen

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Second request to CHRIS: can you also upgrade my account so I can use Sitebuilder Plus on my Mac? My website (one of them) is at http://terrymatlenart.homestead.com/ . Thanks-!
Photo of Dan2213

Dan2213

• 60 Points
Hello Chris,

Could you please update my account that I can use Sitebuilder Plus on Mac? Thanks very much. Please contact me with any questions.
Photo of Maila7728

Maila7728

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Can I update to Sitebuilder Plus as well so I can have access to more templates? Thank you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You already had access to it, but to get to all the templates I had to remove desktop. If you need to publish anything from desktop, let me know and I can put it back until you have published.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.
Photo of Maila7728

Maila7728

Can you please restore my desktop? I have selected a template and published it...Thank you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Selecting from that list of templates means you are not able to use the desktop version. If you must use the desktop version, then you will need to delete that site and have me switch back to desktop, then you can create a new site and select from the restricted templates. Desktop is not able to edit sites made with a master template format.

Drew
Photo of Maila7728

Maila7728

So let me get this straight...if I want to add a new website...the new templates are restricted, and I can only edit it online if I choose those templates? What happened to my other website that was created before all these restrictions happened? Can't I have the desktop to edit my old website and just edit the new restricted template online? Or is it one way or the other? If that is the case...please let me get the desktop option back...and delete the one I just created...I don't understand why they cannot be combined.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It isn't so much a restriction, more of a compatibility issue. A few templates were left compatible with Sitebuilder desktop, but as development of that program ended in 2010, new features that don't exist in desktop can't be used by desktop, and one of the features is the master template.

All development is being done in Sitebuilder Plus.

I will try to add desktop back and see, but I don't think it will allow desktop to connect to an account with a master template site. Give it a try.

Drew
Photo of Anita4322

Anita4322

• 70 Points
Hi,

I have the same question.

How can I use the suitebuilder plus program for my account compatible with my Macbook?

many thanks,
Anita
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Anita,

Sorry for the delay. You account has been updated to use either Sitebuilder desktop or plus. The next time you login, click on Websites Manager on the left and select the down arrow next to Edit Site. Here you will see the option to edit with the plus program which is compatible with mac.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Anita4322

Anita4322

• 70 Points
Super, this works very well, thanks!
Photo of vichien5556

vichien5556

• 70 Points
Hi! Need access to Sitebuilder Plus... Thanks!
Photo of Kay7868

Kay7868

• 70 Points
Please update my account to use site builder plus on my mac book.
Photo of Neil9454

Neil9454

• 62 Points
Same here - I am working on a Mac and having quite a few challenges editing my site - which did not used to be a problem. Perhaps the site builder plus is also what I need?
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Neil,

It appears you are already using the Sietbuilder plus program. Is there a current issue your having that I can help with?

Thanks,

Chris
Hi Chris,
I need help accessing sitebuilder...I'm totally LOST!! Help please!!
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi,

Your account has been updated to use either the desktop or online version.

Thanks!

Chris
Photo of Thomas9368

Thomas9368

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi, I guess I need access to site builder plus also. I have been using the desktop version for years. Will I have any trouble editing on Sitebuilder plus.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It should work fine. Just let me know if you are ready to have us convert the account. You'll just want to make sure any changes you've done in the desktop SiteBuilder are published before we upgrade the account. One possibility of issues is that there are some very old widgets such as hit counters, weather widgets etc. that are no longer available in the Plus version. If you have any of those elements on your site, you may have to remove them.

Mike
Photo of Thomas9368

Thomas9368

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I guess I am ready to switch over. Thanks for your help.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Your account has been switched.

Mike
Photo of 22408aaron

22408aaron

• 60 Points
I am on a MacBook Pro and I need you to switch me over. (If the error page consists of it checking if my files are up to date)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Try logging out and clearing your browser history. Then log in again. You are already on Plus and I can access it. Let us know if this doesn't work and what specifically is happening.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Will Whamond

Will Whamond

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I need to find out if there is a mac friendly web builder software program yet?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
is there any Mac based web design software programs?.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Will,

Welcome to the Community!

I've updated your account to allow you to use the sitebuilder plus program which is compatible with the Mac. The next time you login, click on Websites Manager on the left and select the down arrow next to Edit Site. Here you will see the option to edit with the plus program.

Hope that helps,

Chris
Photo of Nancy4411

Nancy4411

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Chris,
My name is Patricia McDermond. I wrote to you 9 days ago on 2/29 to inquire how I can access Nancy Woogen's (woogen-art.com) account manager to make changes on my MAC. You uploaded Sitebuilder Plus. Since then I have made changes to her site. Before it is completed I want to make links to pages with enlarged images from existing portfolio pages linked from the nav bar. To do this do I just add pages from the drop down menu? Do the linked images need to be stored is a different folder from the images on the section pages? Please advise how I should proceed.

Nancy Woogen tells me she cannot access her website. When she attempts to login to her account from Homestead SiteBuilder-/, it will not let her enter or exit. She gets a message that to proceed could result in deleting files. We are almost ready to publish the changes I have made. When it is published, Nancy will need to access her site through Website manager and make future changes herself. Please advise.

Thank you!

Patricia McDermond
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Patrica,

Thanks for posting!

Just to confirm...you created photo gallery pages such as winter.html. On that page you want someone to click on an image (ex. the picture of the woods) and it opens up a new page with an enlarged photo of that image? Please let me know if that is correct and I can send you instructions on how to do that.

As far as Nancy getting into Sitebuilder desktop. I wouldn't recommend she logs in until you have published the site. The reason for this is if she opens up desktop version it will recognized that there have been changes, but can't download them yet because you haven't published. It will default to try to opening an existing site which could delete your files. To play it safe, I'd recommend publishing as soon as possible.

Please let me know if I was correct on the linking of images or if you had a different concept in mind.

Thanks!

Chris
Photo of Nancy4411

Nancy4411

Yes,Chris. That is what I want to do. I will publish the site now. Thank you.
Photo of Nancy4411

Nancy4411

Hi Cris, I should add when the image links to a page, it will be a little larger than the larger image with room for a caption with title, media and date. It should be on top of the section page so when the user closes the larger image, the same section page will be in view.

Thanks,
Patricia
Photo of Nancy4411

Nancy4411

Hi Cris,
I just checked how Nancy's published site appears live on the web. Something is wrong. The live website does not appear as I specified it in Sitebuilder Plus. I was careful to preview it on Sitebuilder Plus before I published it as was recommended. The text and formatting of the nav bar has errors. That may have something to do with why the links are not working? Please advise.

Thank you,

Patricia
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for the explanation. There are two ways I can think of that you can do this.

Create a new page for each image

1. In Sitebuilder Plus, click the dropdown next to View Page in the top toolbar and select "New Page". I would recommend choosing blank so you have a blank canvas to start with. You can then label the page the image name (would make it easier for you to then reference). On that page add the bigger image, title, caption, etc... Publish the page.

2. Back on the main page (ex. winter.html), click on the smaller image to highlight it. Once highlighted, on the far right side of the screen will be your images settings. About half way down the settings, click on the Link button. A small window will open up. Click the browse button and locate the page you just created. In the small window you can also choose to have that page open in a new window so if some closes out, it will keep them on the same section page.

Create a new page popup for each image.

Please take a look at:

http://www.springcreekrusticoutfitter...

If you click on the text that says Pop-up Window, you will see a smaller window popup. There is a website where you can do this. However it is text that appears (there may be a way to make it an image instead) If your interested in this, please let me know and I can send you more information.

Thanks!

Chris
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Nancy,

Could you please be more specific with which pages aren't working correctly? I tested out all the links and they seem to be going to the correct pages.

Thanks!

Chris
Photo of Nancy4411

Nancy4411

Hi Cris,

Regarding the nav bar, links that cannot be found are Local Plein Air Pastels, Tuscany, Watercolor Light House, Watercolor Snow Scenes, Watercolor Miscellaneous, Local Plein Air Pastels, Tuscany. The link Other Travels should read Travels. It otherwise links OK. The Contact link does not show up at all.

The new links are as follows in descending order; Home, About the Artist, Hudson Valley, Winter, Travels, Watercolors, Botanicals, Links, Contact.

Formatting of the nav bar
Style; Arial 10B, Custom Color ccffff, flush right
Mouseover effects; Peach B
Text color ccffff B
Spacing 24
Position; left 59, Top 173, Width 98 Height 360

The nav bar that is live does not conform to to the specs of the new nav bar I published. Please let me know if you also need to know which html page they link to and the name of the page.

Before I add anything else to this site, this basic feature needs to be corrected. I suspect the replaced nav bar file may causing this conflict? I'm going to look at the site on other browsers in case the computer cashe is bringing up an older version. I'll let you know right away if that is the case.

Thank you very much for your help!

Patricia
Photo of Nancy4411

Nancy4411

Hi Chris,
I'm very glad to report that the links in the nav bar are OK. When I used another browser, the site came up with the current nav bar. Sorry for the false alarm!

Patricia
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hey Nancy,

Glad to hear it was working. It sounds like your one browser might be showing you older files. Please go to removing cache which will fix that issue.

Thanks!

Chris
Photo of Irene8645

Irene8645

• 62 Points
Hi Chris,
Need to make changes to Irene Murphy's (www.kindermusikwithirene.com) website using a Mac. Please update account to be able to use online SiteBuilder Plus. Thank you!
Anne
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Anne,

Thanks for posting!

I've updated your account to allow you to use the sitebuilder plus program which is compatible with the Mac. The next time you login, click on Websites Manager on the left and select the down arrow next to Edit Site. Here you will see the option to edit with the plus program.

Hope that helps,

Chris
Photo of Nancy4411

Nancy4411

Hi Cris,

Before I use Sitebuilder Plus on my MAC to link smaller gallery images to pages with larger images, I want to check with you that Nancy Woogen (woogen-art.com) will be able to make the following changes based on how her PC laptop is presently configured. 1) Make new pages, 2) Replace images of paintings on section pages and link them to pages with larger images, 3) Add and/or revise text. Reposition images. From her point of view, the simpler to do this the better. I'm concerned if she will be limited in adding pages based on the current layout with custom background color and graphic elements? For the larger linked images, they will be a little bigger than the enlarged image. Would it be possible to save each of these pages as a template that would be listed on the drop down menu where it has the list of pages on file and the option to add pages?

Thank you!

Patricia McDermond
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Patrica,

Thanks for posting!

Nancy will absolutely be able to do the 3 things you mentioned. Unfortunately there isn't a way to make a template page that is stored in the section after clicking new page. However you are on the right track with making a template page.

I would recommend creating a few template pages (one for a normal page, one for a gallery page, and one for a larger image page). Once you have created these templates all Nancy will need to do is go to one of the pages, and choose the save as button to rename the page. Instead of overwriting the page it will make a duplicate of that template with whatever name she gave it. It's just like adding a new page, but she is using the custom template you set up.

In Sitebuilder Desktop

1. Go to the tempate page
2. Click File --> Save as from the top menu bar to rename the page

In Sitebuilder Plus

1. Go to the template page
2. Click the down arrow next to Save and choose Save as to rename the page

Thanks!

Chris
Photo of Nancy4411

Nancy4411

Chris, I attempted to make a template and use it to save a page under a different name to which the image would link. The link is not working. Can you please help me do this correctly before I link most of the images and show Nancy how to link images.

I made a page I thought was a template. I saved it and Its name appears under the View Page drop down menu as enlarged-image-page. Image in text are in styled and in position. I opened this page and saved it with the name mygarden-hudson valley also appearing under the View Page drop down menu. When you click on the image on the gallery page it indicates it is linked to mygarden-hudson-valley. ?!!! Not working. Also can the templates I make be protected from overwriting so the can only be changed and saved under a new name? Can the page open in a smaller page size and open in a separate window.

Thank you!!

Patricia
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for posting!

You did the image link correctly. The only thing left was to publish the mygarden-hudson-valley page. As soon as I published it, the image linked right to it.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to protect a page from being overwritten. You could make. However you could make a backup of the pages and put them in a folder for safe keeping.

1. Click on the domain name at the top of the program and go to "view file manager".
2. When the file manager opens, click the first icon near the top left marked "New".
3. This will create a new folder. You can name it whatever you prefer (backup, archiver, templates, etc...)
4. Once you made the folder close out of the file manager.
5. On the template page, do the Save As and when the small window opens asking you where to save the template, click on the new folder you created and then save the page in there. This way you now have a backup just in case.

You can have the page open in a new window, but unfortunately I'm not sure how to have it open in a small size. A few days ago I did respond with a pop up option that could work. Please check out the link I attached to see if something like that would work. However, to open up a page in a new window:

1. Click on the image so it is highlighted
2. Once highlighted, click the link button on the far right in the image settings
3. When the smaller window opens up you will see a radio button to have it open in a new page.

Thanks!

Chris
Photo of Nancy4411

Nancy4411

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your help. All the images on section pages are linked now to pages with larger images. I have yet to complete the templates and makes notes for Nancy how to make changes. For purposes of making screen shots, can I access Nancy's interface, Sitebuilder? It would be helpful to have a visual to refer to in writing directions.
Thank you for all your help and your timely response. I appreciate it very much.
Patricia
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Nancy,

That's great to hear you were able to get all the images linked. As far as the desktop version, you could access it if you have a computer other than a Mac. Unfortunately the desktop version was only built for computers that run Microsoft operating systems. If you have one,

1. Login to the account
2. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation
3. Click the down arrow next to Edit Site
4. It will prompt you to download the desktop version.

Thanks!

Chris
Photo of Samprit2102

Samprit2102

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Chris,

Can you please update my account to allow the use of the Sitebuilder Plus Program so that it is compatible with my Mac? Thanks.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Samprit,
I'm very sorry for the delay. Your account has been set up to use SiteBuilder Plus. Thanks for posting.
Photo of judy3127

judy3127

• 60 Points
I also need to edit my site using a mac. My site is judyendow.com Please tell me when and how I can do this. Thanks
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hi Judy, I'm very sorry for the delay. You can edit using SiteBuilder Plus now. I have updated your account. When you log in, there will be instructions you can follow to start using SiteBuilder Plus. Hope that helps!

Please let me know if you still need the desktop version or if you'd like to only have SiteBuilder Plus. Thanks!
Photo of vichien5556

vichien5556

• 70 Points
Sorry, I need to have access to Sitebuilder Plus for my mac... I commented in the wrong place.Thank you!!
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hi Vichien5556 - It looks like your account has already been set up to use only SiteBuilder Plus. I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you!
Photo of Scott4177

Scott4177

• 60 Points
Hi Chris,

Can you please update my account to allow the use of the Sitebuilder Plus Program so that it is compatible with my Mac? Thanks.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hi Scott, you're all set. You can edit using SiteBuilder Plus now. I have updated your account. When you log in, there will be instructions you can follow to start using SiteBuilder Plus.

Please let me know if you still need the desktop version or if you'd like to only use SiteBuilder Plus going forward. Thanks!
Photo of Kay7868

Kay7868

• 70 Points
hi, Chris, please update my account to use sitebuilder plus for a mac....thank you
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hi Kay, I see that your account was adjusted to allow SiteBuilder Plus. Please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks! Angela
Photo of Karina8789

Karina8789

• 626 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Are you sure Sitebuilder Plus is actually compatible for the Mac ?

I have been attempting to use it for a month now and it constantly freezes up and I have to log out and log back in (like every few minutes). Its refusing to let me click on multiple objects to move them down the page - I get an error message. Seriously ? I have to move them one at a time ?

It freezes up when I try to paste text in. Freezes up if I try to move any object whether its a single object or multiple.

I have to say this product is far far FAR inferior to the Homestead product I have been paying for since 1998.
Photo of Karina8789

Karina8789

• 626 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Is anyone going to respond regarding the serious bugs in this program ? I can see from many many threads I am not the only person asking these questions.

I am paying cold hard cash and have been a Homestead client since 1998 but the service standards and the product have become woeful.
Photo of Ted8692

Ted8692

• 60 Points
Can I receive access to SiteBuilder Plus as well? Seems like there would be a better process to receive access rather than posting on a community board. Thanks.
Photo of Bart5799

Bart5799

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello, I also need access to the sitebuilder using my mac. Can you help me with this?
Thank you,

Bart Kelly
Photo of Thomas9786

Thomas9786

• 62 Points
I need the FTP address to upload my client's files from Dreamweaver on my Mac. I have the user name and password, I just need the FTP address (i.e. ftp.mrtri-d.com, mrtri-d.com, etc...)

My client's website is: www.mrtri-d.com (or try: http://mrtri-d.homestead.com)

Or, add the SiteBuilder Plus so I can upload the files.

Thank you,
Stacy
Website Designer
Photo of CELIA5734

CELIA5734

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Can I get SiteBuilder Plus for my Mac?
Thanks!
Photo of Terry Matlen

Terry Matlen

I, too, need sitebuilder plus for Mac. What do I do?
Photo of Adrienne4418

Adrienne4418

• 60 Points
i need access to sitebuilder plus for mac please
Photo of Linda0956

Linda0956

• 60 Points
Good Morning
I am using a MAC and need access to sitebuilder plus as well. Tried going to Chat but currently not available.
Thanks!
Photo of Matthew5998

Matthew5998

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I'd like to use Homestead on my Mac, but can't download. A message tells me I can use Sitebuilder Plus and only need to contact someone via chat to get it. I see many people on the page have had the same problem I'm having: it's Saturday morning and chat isn't available? Anyway to get access to Sitebuilder Plus before Monday?

Thanks!

Matthew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes there is. I can do that for you. Our recommendation is to switch to Sitebuilder Plus only and use it from both the PC and Mac. It is a browser based editor. If you must have access to the desktop version for a PC let me know and I can update your account.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Mike8426

Mike8426

I need site builder plus for Mac so bad. My site looks horrible.
www.hedzred.com worst website on the internet!!
Photo of Mike8426

Mike8426

I need the Mac version of SiteBuilder as my site is currently the worst looking website in the universe! www.hedzred.com
Photo of Mike8426

Mike8426

With so many people asking for the Mac version, why is it not just on here! This is very disappointing. If I cannot get some resolve, I will cancel and go with godaddy.com, which seems MUCH easier than this!!

www.hedzred.com

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.