how do i get a site to the top of search engines? how much does it cost?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

see above
Photo of harrystoll3009

harrystoll3009

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi harrystoll3009 -

That's a really good question! Search Engine Optimization (or SEO) is what most websites do to optimize their site for search engines. It does take time (months, sometimes years) for a particular website to be #1 on a search result for a specific keyword. Google and other search engines have complex algorithms to determine how websites are sorted.

We have a few posts in the community that will help you better understand what you can do to optimize the website yourself OR pay for our Full Service package that can do it for you:

https://community.homestead.com/homes...

https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Hope that helps!
Photo of sylviathomp

sylviathomp

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Before I had this website build with Intuit, I had Homestead (understand it's the same), but I did get some calls from customers. Now with this Website I don't get any at all, am no where to be found on the web, local or other wise. What is my problem. Here is my site: www.basketsgalorebysylvia.com.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
No Customer Calls Ever!.
Photo of purple1409

purple1409

• 62 Points
I am running an advice site and I am brand new to this work. I need people to take an interest to help me out. I am primarily targeting girls from age 12 through 22.

How do I attract traffic to my site?.
Photo of Danielle4792

Danielle4792

• 78 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
ugh i need help getting clients from my website . i used facebook and instagram but stilll nothing. what else can i do ?

Help with Traffic.
Photo of ESTHER4477

ESTHER4477

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem, I have had this site since 2010 and barely any sales. I pay more monthly to host the site then I receive in sales. Please let me know if you have any ideas of how to get sales. I have facebook, I actually have 666 likes no purchases.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

Hi Esther - Sorry about the problem you're having getting more sales! Hopefully the links above will give you some ideas on what you can do to optimize your site and get more people to your site. The more people see your site, the higher the likelihood of someone converting to a sale.
Photo of Raymond9394

Raymond9394

• 72 Points
what is the best way to get my site on google.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

HI Raymond -

Please check out my answer above.

Thanks,
Aubrey

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.